Monday, June 1, 2009

Report from the B.O. Zone

Wow, if it wasn't for the sunscreen, I do believe right now I'd outstink Gib after his 20 miler this weekend! When he got in the truck, I took a precautionary sniff and I was pleasantly surprised that there wasn't any B.O. Not sure how that came to be. I guess he crossed alot of rivers. I've been outside from noon to 4 pm digging, planting, and mulching. In high heat and humidity. Not the best of plans, which my neighbor pointed out. Kind of fun to stand up and watch the world tilt though.

Gib had a great time on his hike. Came home with a bit of a battle scar from a fall, and a couple blisters. A few new items on his shopping list before Philmont, which means this is a successful preparatory hike. I was wrong about the hiking merit badge though. I saw a 20 miler on the calendar and thought it had just been moved up a week, but no, he has to do it too....ALL IN ONE DAY! Ouch. Then he will have completed the merit badge.

Taryn just got back from her first day at Adventure Science Center where she will be a volunteer and Education Intern for the summer 3 to 4 days a week. This means she won't be working part-time at all, so no moula unless she babysits. She will be a volunteer working at various stations around the exhibits and as an unpaid Education Intern (for her Senior Project) giving science presentations. This month it's teaching people about Astronauts spacesuits and Rat Basketball. Apparently rats have learned how to play basketball. They score for food. They have the exhibit there and Taryn says it's fun to watch.

Mariah went to her first day at middle school orientation. She mastered the lockers, learned her way "somewhat" around the school, played games and "stuff like that". She almost had her first babysitting job for a 15-20 minute preschool pickup run while a baby was sleeping and I was gardening out front for a friend down the street, but then the inlaws came back from shopping. She was disappointed, but the lady gave her $10. We went back to return the money because it was more than $1 a minute and I didn't know the people who had showed up, we hadn't been told they would, and mom wasn't answering her cell (scary!). Turns out it was the guy's sister and she looks alot like him so I didn't take them down and we agreed to let Mariah keep half the money even though she really didn't need to be paid at all for 5 minutes. Mariah would have preferred to actually babysit.

Indy has been gone, gone, gone. I have resorted to looking at her facebook just to see her face. Well, I get to see her for about 10 minutes if I'm lucky before she is off again. This has been a fun weekend for her to visit with some friends. Tomorrow begins her second stint of jury duty. She was lucky last week and her panel didn't have to show up. I doubt she'll get that lucky again.

Mike has been making a kitty condo for Jo Anne. It looks like a Chinese Pagoda. It's so cute! It's almost done. I will put up a photo when it's done. All of us chipped in for hours and hours on Saturday and Mike is still working on it a little bit at a time. It should be done soon. Our cats think it is for them. They will be disappointed when it disappears.

5 comments:

Kay said...

Busy Family, Busy Mom!

Holly said...

You guys are every which way...Now, you need to come and plant, weed at my house. ;)

Kristin said...

20 miles in one day. Oh man that is rough. Good luck Gib.

And I just youtubed the rats playing basketball. Pretty cute. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QY2UxBStvo

Will said...

Should it be called Pixie's Palace?

Indy said...

At least I text you to notify you I am still alive!! :)