Sometime right after we moved here, I got on Mariah's case for dropping a yellow Dorito chip in the middle of the hall floor I had just swept. As she went to pick it up, she realized it was a moth! We examined it, and discovered that its wings bi-fold in and over to its body and when they opened, revealed a really cool red middle and bright black spot! We tried to find out what kind it is but never could. Nor did we ever see another one, until today!
Gib just went outside to lower the umbrella for a possible incoming thunderstorm this afternoon and said "Hey there's a big cool yellow butterfly thing on the door". As soon as I saw it I yelled for Mariah who yelled for a camera. She opened its wings with a matchstick and I snapped the shot before it fluttered away.
3 comments:
That is a cool looking moth/butterfly!
Wow...I though it was fake! SOOOO PRETTY! :)
We need to find a moth expert to figure that mystery out... It's probably some amazingly rare endangered species that is supposedly only found in Western Bolivia and some how 2 on separate occations ended up at your house. Well at least that's the story you should stick with.
Post a Comment