Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Girl Lips

Gib is all packed and ready to leave at 4 am for his flight to New Mexico tomorrow. We went to the pool today and while we were there, I asked him if he packed non-aerosol sunscreen because we only have the spray kind. He said he grabbed one of our bottles, so I was glad I had asked. We stopped by Walgreens this evening to get him some lotion and then we were going to swing thru Sonic for one last Creamsicle Shake calorie-ridden send-off to help keep my boy strong on the trail! I spotted the Chap-Stick after I had paid and basically the following conversation ensued while I am staring at the Chap-Stick display:

C: Gib did you pack any chapstick?
G: I don't need any.
C: Yes you do.
G: No I don't.
C: (rolled HER eyes and approched it from another angle) Did you pack any antibiotic neosporin ointment?
G: There's probably some in my first aid kit.
C: Probably or it is?
G: There's some of those alcohol wipe pads.
C: Yeah, that'd feel real good on chapped lips Gib. You can use chapstick or neosporin on chapped lips, which do you want? You will be changing climates not to mention elevation, trust me, your lips will get chapped.
G: Maybe that happens to Girl Lips. I don't need it.
C: I think the Death Ray look must have come into my eyes.
G: I'll take this one. And he pulled out the closest Chap-Stick tube to him.

Then we went and got Sonic. As soon as we got home I demanded of his father, "Mike? Does Gib need Chap-Stick?" and he said, "Yes, Gib you do" and I gave Gib a big ol' SO THERE!!!!!! It's not just Girl Lips!!!!! Geez, can you believe he even said that?! I'm subtracting 100 points from his Perfect-Man-in Training tally right now.

Gib - have a GREAT backpacking trip and remember to put that little tube of chapstick in your pocket just like I told you to. And stay away from the edge of the cliffs. I love you!

3 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

Gib it's okay Matt is a manly man too but he doesnt go on any bike outing or run with out putting on chapstick. NOT ONLY does it prevent chapping but it prevents sunburn... sunburned lips are the WORST! Have fun on your backpacking excursion!

Will said...

Yeah, what does Gib know about Girl Lips . . .

Holly said...

My thoughts exactly Will... Gibby who you been kissin? :P