Over the weekend, we got notice that Mercer wouldn't allow Indy to register for classes until we got a little issue with her immunizations cleared up. The note said her first MMR was given prior to 1 yr of age. I didn't think much of it, and set her up to go in today to get a booster. After much confusion at the dr's, they determined that she got her first MMR at age 1 and 9 days to be exact. Our records confirmed the same dates. Gee thanks people. So they wouldn't give her a booster. But they did decide to give her a booster of the chickenpox vaccine instead. She was not a happy camper. Could they have decided to do this the 2 weeks she was off work for jury duty and not carrying heavy trays of food with a sore arm? Nooooo, of course not, they had to wait until today! So she got a copy of a copy of the school immunization certificate with the pediatricians signature from 2002 on it that we are supposed to try to float by the university in hopes that proves immunity to MMR and allows her to register for classes at Orientation in a couple weeks. This better work!
Also this weekend, Mariah and Mike went on a Girl Scouts Father & Daughter canoe trip. They had a good time. I enjoyed Mike's realization that it doesn't matter who is in front of the canoe....they always think they are doing all the work!! Apparently both Gib and Mariah, at about the same age, have accused their dad of sloughing off at the rowing....hahaha! Their poor little arms were probably falling off while they're thinking "dad is probably taking a break back there napping away while I'm about to die of exhaustion!"
Gib and I have a little deal/contest going. We both get rewarded, unless (ooh, I get to use italics twice!) he doesn't uphold his end of it, and then it's all consequences of Biblical proportions for him. I didn't bother threatening myself because I KNOW I'm gonna make it to the finish line, but if it makes him feel better he can come up with a dire consequence. I told him to come up with the reward part of our deal. So the deal is this: Grammy and I are reading the Bible in 90 days in a study group at the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd. Gib needs to read the Book of Mormon this summer to prepare for Seminary, so we should support (read: compete with) each other in this worthy endeavor. I gave him my neato autographed series BOM Readers I bought last year at Sunstone (and sadly haven't read yet) so he could take them on his various trips and not fall behind. They have different sections of the original BOM bound into paperback books small enough to fit into your back pocket with these really cool introductions about what you are about to read. Perfect for backpacking at Philmont for 2 weeks. Scriptures would weigh alot, but a couple of the readers would be great; each one has about 100 pgs. These seems more readable to a 14 yr old too than looking at this huge book of scripture thinking, man I have to read this whole thing?! So, the next day, sure enough he had started reading one, I was so pleased. So I said, when we finish, we will treat ourselves to a night on the town...your choice of where we go. But if you don't, (I was influenced from reading alot about Abraham, Jacob, and Isaac at the time) you will become as a slave unto your sisters. He kinda sorta hemmed and hawed, but I'm calling it a deal. A slave to your sisters or free food and a movie, bud...think carefully here! Remember how twisted and evil those girls can be!!!
3 comments:
Who has veto-power over the slave masters/sister (huh, never had to write that before . . .)? That's an important part.
Thats great! I'm pulling for you Gib! I know being a slave to my OLDER sister would have been torture... Suzanne not so much she would have felt bad to make me do anything. If I know YOUR sisters though they would be more like Kristin.
Matt had the same issue as Indy for school registration, it was such a pain!
Good luck, Gib! I am pulling for you... ;)
Post a Comment