Wednesday, June 24, 2009

SEVENTEEN!

Happy Birthday Taryn!

That crazy girl agreed to go into Adventure Science Center on her own birthday so she is already gone today. Yesterday while she was there, we decided to go out and get her flowers - red & yellow lilies and red gerbera daisies - that are reminiscent of fireworks, and some musical birthday cards that, what else, play songs like "Great Balls of Fire" and "Smoke on the Water"! Then we went to a new cupcake place down the street and bought a dozen gourmet cupcakes in a variety of flavors. We had them put one called Birthday Surprise in a sealed box for her to take to work today. I love their colorful pastry boxes - they look so yummy. Besides that one, we also got lemon supreme, chocolate cookie crunch, white chocolate chip, peanut butter cup, key lime pie, caramel, & wedding cake....if I remember them all. Mariah was very bummed that when we got there, they were sold out of Root Beer Float! Oh well, maybe next year on her birthday!

I should take a picture of them when she is blowing out her candles. I can't do it now, because I have to go back to pick up the other half of our order because each day of the week, different cupcakes are available so we got some yesterday and are getting the rest today.

I hope she likes it. Mariah and I are debating whether or not to bake a pound cake now though so we'll have something to put the number 1 and 7 candles on; and then that means we need strawberries and whipped cream; and that means Taryn will need her OWN can of whipped cream. I feel like I'm reading a "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" book!!

Taryn is only working a half day, but she is going to the mall and maybe a movie with a friend and won't return until after 7 pm for her wonderful birthday cupcakes and presents, oh and a little something known as - Your Birthday Dinner At a Restaurant Of Your Choice! I guess we'll be eating a late lunch and I'll be guarding cupcakes this evening!

4 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

First of all HAPPY one seven Taryn!!! and second Chrissie and Mariah, for a girl whose trying to loose some serious weight all this talk about delightful cupcakes is giving me a sweet tooth!! The only thing ive eaten lately was some crummy red velvet cake haha yes mom it wasnt great... I need to come visit your cupcake store!! Oh and did Indy get her hair cut yet?

Holly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY T! Chrissie, that was great...flowers and yummy cupcakes? OH man how I wish you lived closer to me. I am lucky if I get a , "Mom, it's your birthday?" :)~ Way to make it special for her when she's working... :)

Will said...

Taryn, may the blessings of Zac Efron and "Seventeen Again" shine down on you and your special day.

Kay said...

Happy Birthday!!! 17 was a fun year for me...enjoy it too!