Gib passed his Board of Reviews and has achieved the rank of Life Scout! A 20 mile hike in one day this Saturday and he finishes the hiking merit badge as well. Boy Scout Camp is next week. A week off, and then Philmont. Home for a few days and then EFY. Home for a few days, then a couple days of high school orientation. Then Centerhill Lake/Waterworld Weekend. And then we prepare to go back to school. This is truly the calm before the storm.
Taryn is putting in 4 days a week in her summer volunteer job at Adventure Science Center and is now giving the Sci Bites - the demo/presentations. Each day she does a little something different and she's enjoyed almost everything, but if she never sees the Jelly Bean Stand again, I'm sure she won't mind a bit. She is turning 17 this month without alot of fanfare. She even signed up to work on her birthday! What's this?! The day after her birthday she goes for her senior photo shoot.
Mariah has been going to Volleyball camp this week. Her hand hurts tonight. She has been icing it. I guess she did alot of serving and bumping with it today. I think she needs to hit the ball a little higher up on her arm so that doesn't happen. Maybe a little pain will be the incentive she needs to perfect the move. After volleyball she played all day at a friends house. It was very quiet around here.
Indy had the first half off work this week, but goes in for the rest of the weekend. We hope it's a big tipping weekend! She has alot of time to make up for. Her arm still hurts from the Chickenpox shot they gave her yesterday. I am annoyed they didn't do it when she went in for the TB test and college physical 2 weeks ago. I planned on any shots needed being given then during the 2 weeks of jury duty. We are also annoyed that she had to take off 8 days of work for the jury duty and her panel never even was called...which is nice, but still, she lost alot of money that she needed to be earning for college. I don't like it when Life messes with my plans.
3 comments:
It sounds like you have been busy! :) I can not wait to see the senior pics. ;)
Life always messes with plans. I am sure she will find a way to make up the money.
Congrats to all of you., Hey Gib we can't wait to hear about your eagle Project (hint: no creek water project ya hear?)
Post a Comment