Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Texts from Explosives Camp

I get a text or two from Taryn each day and we volley back and forth a few times. I thought I'd share some of those conversations:

6/14 9:48 pm
Hey mom. We watched some indoor special effects go off and played an icebreaker game and now we r off for some dq

6/15 12:38 pm
Hey we blew up a chicken and then we ate chicken for lunch

(to which I replied that was kinda gross, what did it look like and it was dead before they blew it up right?!)

There's nothing left of it and yah it was dead

(sounds like ur having fun - what else have you done today?)

Yah we also had one delayed boom and it was rly cool we also made a fire wall

(I got a shout out from one of her roomies Katherine!)

6/15 6:27 pm
Okay so we got to blow up some dynomite each of us got a stick of it and inside the mine was rly cool and later on tonite we r going swimming

6/16 11:54 am

(i texted her because mariah & i had a message to send her and she didn't send me a text last night and i was teasing her about it...apparently it was during a lecture and they weren't quite at lunch yet....oops. this was her testy reply)

I want u to kno tht we r still in a lecture thx.

6/16 12:01 pm

the rain today stopped us from blowing up n e thing so we have lectures all day. we may blow stuff up later. And thx for txting me during a lecture. U got me in trouble. Ill txt u during lunch and aftr dinner so dnt txt me. Ill txt u

6/16 12:11 pm

U can txt me now we r eating lunch. Pizza yummy.

(I texted her and aplogized, explained that I assumed that if she wasn't at lunch her phone would at least be on silent)

6/16 12:24 pm

my fone was on silent. it was on vibrate but im in the front row and it was in my bag so the whole table vibrated. Some of the lectures were interesting but the bad thing is tht we wnt get to blow up a quarry.

( I asked what the lecture was about and if they would go to the quarry another day instead)

its a dynomite company. dyno nobel. look it up. yah, i mean at the quarry. no they wnt be blowing up n e thing the rest of the week.

( I asked her if blowing stuff up is as cool in person as it was watching it on TV. And I told her what Uncle Art said about the chicken exercise and horses that go down in the back country and how if they go down, you'd have to do the same thing to them - to which she replied - mom they gotta be dead first...hello? didn't we have that conversation yesterday?!)

Taryn says blowing stuff up is "cool". She signed off today with a reminder:

okay i gotta go. Stop txting me and dnt tx me until i txt u.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Were there chicken guts every where?

Will said...

Is now a good time to comment?

Chrissie said...

Good one Will. Kristin - she said absolutely nothing was left of the chicken at all. I think it was just a roaster like you would get at the store to begin with - no guts no glory.

Holly said...

Good one Will! Gotta love texting...it is how I talk to Con... okay I TRY to talk to him face to face but usually get more out of him while on TEXT! :)