Thursday, July 2, 2009

Taryn's Off

Taryn flies to Florida this afternoon to spend some time with Grandpa Fred and Jan. Then she will go to EFY - a week long church youth program offered at the Eckerd College campus in St. Petersburg. She is looking forward to her vacation!

Yesterday, I got to spend a little time with Taryn and her friend Donielle. Before school let out, I jokingly promised Donielle on facebook that if she cleaned her room and got Taryn to clean hers as well, that I would take them both out to lunch. She was happy to take me up on the offer! They both cleaned their room that day, but Donielle left town before we could go out to eat. They didn't forget I owed them a lunch though, so before Taryn left town for half the month, they decided they better take me up on this offer while it was still out there. Amazingly enough, Donielle cleaned her room again before we went out to eat. Taryn is still working on hers. I hope it is done before she leaves for Florida! We went to the Russian place. If possible, the Russian waitress speaks even less English than the last time we went there. And she pretty firmly believes that Mello Yello is Yello Mello which sounds rather fun in a Russian accent. Taryn and Donielle went with the Chicken Kiev and I tried Piroshki. It was okay. Next time I'm going to try Russian dumplings.

The girls went bowling afterward, I didn't go so as not to make them feel bad with my outstanding strike after strike skill set. Then they watched the first part of Confessions of a Shopaholic while putting a blue streak in Donielle's hair. We didn't have time to finish the movie before Donielle had to leave. Taryn watched the end while I was at Bible Study so I have to finish it today by myself. It's pretty funny. Here's a photo of the girls.

Last night Mike and i finally got to meet Taryn's new beau! His name is Josh in case anyone didn't notice it on her facebook! Shame on you!!! It's been there like 2 weeks or something! She's been on my case because I didn't see that. But I have to say, I didn't need no facebook to know there was a "relationship status" change in my daughter's life! He is a cutie and very nice and polite. Her friend Alyssia introduced them.

2 comments:

Mickie and Matt said...

I've been meaning to rent that shoppaholic movie... Matt even mentioned wanting to rent it because it looked funny. Have fun at the grandparents and EFY Taryn :)

Holly said...

I want to see that movie too! Hope T has a great time in FLorida, and NO...I did not notice her status changed...OOPS!