Sunday, April 20, 2008

Prom Dinner


The dinner turned out great. Mike did an awesome job on his new BBQ - couldn't have been better at a restaurant! I did well too, if I don't say so myself. We're a great team! We used my grandmothers wedding set china from Japan. It looked really nice. We served Ribeye Steaks, Tangerine Chicken, Salmon, Baked Potatoes, Steak Fries, Green Beans, Corn, Rolls, Ceasar Salad and had hot brownies with ice cream and topping for dessert.

Back in the kitchen: I got kinda get distracted when I was setting the table and never did get back to put out the silverware, but Taryn and I flew around the table and got it set before anyone got back from the kitchen with salad on their *chilled* salad plates. When everything was coming down to the wire, everyone in the kitchen getting their salad, Taryn & I returning from our mad dash to put out salad and dinner forks, steak knives and butter knives, it was time to start taking several things out of the oven before they burned. The kitchen was full of people and I'm looking all over for my pot holders. I wondered if Mike took them, because I could have sworn I left them next to the oven. Tayrn looks outside and says he did. So I grab two dish towels from under the sink and say "alternate pot holders!" and whisk the Sister Shubert rolls out of the oven. One of the boys goes, "you're my hero" and for a second there I couldn't decide if it was because of the pot holder thing or the food, then I saw him and a couple other boys eyes glaze over at the rolls! Everyone was salivating over the bread, not my amazing adaptability in the kitchen! Oh well, I was impressed with myself.

2 comments:

Holly said...

Okay...obviously you are going to share the roll secret, right?!?! Looks like you guys rocked it!

Chrissie said...

Sister Schubert rolls are store bought (not some church lady!) from the freezer section, parker house style rolls. You may have a different brand name, but they're probably *almost* as good.