
Mike and Gib walked by on their way to Scouts
as I was taking pictures of the yard!

Had to show you what Gib did to the Trampoline
last week he had a little "mishap"
I'm not sure I want to know the details.

My Front Porch Flowers
I just love driving up and seeing them!
6 comments:
Everything looks great!! I love color too! But my daffodils are all dead now, and my tulips only have a week or so left til they die too. My pansies look great, but the beginning of May it will be time to plant petunias, marigolds, and such...
Is that dead grass you planted them in?
Again...come plant at my house! I really do not like to garden. ;)
I have had a couple boys 'mishap' our trampoline. We took down the ring and replaced the cover around the srpings. :)
Is Pine Straw native to the Southeast? No, it's not dead grass! It's like pine needles.
I like it; but more common around here is black mulch. I don't like that as much because it stinks and grows disgusting fungus that looks like a pile of barf. I like Pine Straw because you get it in bales like hay, it's relatively lightweight and inexpensive and fast and easy to spread around; plus it's good for weed control, which is what I HATE about gardening.
I love the planter in the front of the yard!
Ok I am new to the garden thing. How do you divide bulbs? I have a ton randomly placed all over my yard. She wasn't a very good gardner either.
Dividing bulbs is fun and easy! You stab the shovel straight down about 2" away from the base of the plant. Go about 4'6" deep. Lift up and do this again from a couple more sides until most of the plant lifts out. Turn it on it's side. Now stab the shovel right thru the middle of the clump of bulbs. Don't worry about hurting or killing any - you won't! They'll all grow again. Replant 1/3 or 1/2 back in the hold and find a new home for the rest. When replanting, make sure you tamp down the soil so no air is on any of the exposed roots. That's all there is to it! Now is a good time to divide.
Humm, Maybe I will have Mickie help me with that one this weekend, if i am feeling adventurous.
Post a Comment