It's one of those kind of days.
I was supposed to have lunch with a good friend. Let's flashback for a sec: I saw their family scoping for a cushy seat at Stake Conference, and giving up way too easily, just as I was trying to figure out how to hog parts of two rows, 'cause I didn't think I had enough for the 8 people I alone ended up having to save for in the 3/4 of the pew I managed to snag. So I tried to reverently whisper Ebeth's name. Twice. The 2nd time was a little louder. The choir was singing. They're turning away and people are flooding in. So, oops, I kinda shouted her daughter's name a little too loudly. Well, at least they heard me. So they got the row. Wolfe didn't quite snag the extra space I needed, so we were squished, but the Choir prayed for us heathens, and Ebeth and I made a lunch date. We're old VT'ers, and pretty sure we are related on our Gibson sides thru Illinois, but haven't actually made a confirmation. Anyway, I digress.
A change of plans Scene I: After a nice conversation this morning, set up time and place, Ebeth had to call and cancel. Bummer. We're going to try for next week.
So, I decided I would plant a bunch of stuff we bought last weekend, and plants from our Daffodil Dig at a friends' yesterday. Then the landscapers came to trench out our swell (Ronnie says it like this " sway-well" - it's a little depression to flow the water away) and install a french drain. I don't know, maybe it's me, but I don't want to be out there bending over and grunting as I move a 10 lb pile of dirt with my shovel looking like an idiot planting things like a dofus in front of professionals!
So, change of plans Scene II. BLOGGING!!!! Well, I did clean the house first. I was supposed to do that yesterday, but my tummy hurt all day.
I was pleasantly surprised to remember what it felt like to wake up feeling healthy and energetic again.
Ooooh, change of plans Scene III: The guys went to lunch and I have 45 minutes until my VTers get here. Mom says we gotta plant daffodils! Later!
5 comments:
So have you lost all the other med lbs you gained?
Planting Doffodils now? Are they potted and all ready blooming I am a tad confused... I dont have any tulips bloomed yet but that is s good thing because it is supposed to be really bad weather for the next week.
From a day that was supposed to be different than the ending...I'd say you are pretty busy! Come plant flowers in my yard! :)
Okay...I think I followed all that...:)Glad you got something done!
Yah - the daffodils are ones that are blooming from another person's yard and we are transplanting them, bulb, flowers and all! Instant yard! I love it!!! We did get alot done.
Post a Comment