We got the word that our cute S40 was a Total Loss. Sniff-Sniff. Loved that little car. So now we move on to another Volvo to help keep our precious cargo safe. We're looking at pre-owned S60's this time because there are more of them available, they are a little roomier, offer more upgrades that we couldn't afford brand new, and I tend to think they may be a little safer.
I've spent the past week searching for S40's and S60's, comparing prices, options, etc. I've looked at inventory online as far away as Greensboro, NC, Louisville, KY, Alpharetta, GA, Huntsville, AL, and several dealerships locally too. After all the researching, came test driving with Mike and Gib, then with Mike and Indy. I've chatted up the salespeople over phone and in person. Now I have the Volvo search whittled down to the final 3. Actually, I think, hope and pray, we have found our new car in Huntsville, Alabama. We got our S40 there too. This one has everything we want in the color we want, in our price range. And, it has the all important heated leather seats (no lie). Oh, and it's not black; we don't like black Volvo's.
We have a dealership in town, but they are pricey. I called Huntsville and told them how last time they got our business and they can do it again if they wanna make it worth our while to drive 100 miles. We've agreed on a price on a car that has me a little too excited because it has 3 option packages which means it has alot of bells & whistles and should look nice too. They are holding it until we can test drive it. Actually, that's easy because it's not even out on the lot yet. It isn't even on the Internet yet...yup, that's how good I am. Hopefully, it will be ready Thursday morning. Now we all gotta pull together and hope that after the stringent process of elimination, narrowing it down from 27 to 1, and a 100 mile drive, this car doesn't shift too hard, drag too much, accelerate too slow, have a funny smell, or do a little rumble thing that apparently only canines, Indy and I can detect. Are we too picky?! Nawwww!!!!
6 comments:
I don't envy you guys. I have never bought a car, but just watching my mom while she was here was crazy.
I hope that car turns out all reight for you guys.
Not picky, just smart enough to know what you want. That 3rd-to-last sentence made me chuckle.
HAHA that last part made me laugh, thats great that you MAY have the car you want. That seems to happen with Matt and I, All though we dont ever have a new car (someday right?) We fix it all up and get everything just where we like it then.. opps some one hits MATT! Now we are in process again making everything right on his car now. I have had my 1989 Jeep Cherokee for 4 or 5 years now and LOVE IT. But I think I might like a Volvo better :)
I tend to be picky when it's my kids safety and my wallet involved!
Colton drives a beast of a car, big, heavy but comfortable.
I do not think you guys are too picky! It's an investment that your kids will be in for a while... GOOD LUCK! Here's hoping you find the right 'fit' for you! :)
UPDATE: We are going to test drive the car Saturday!
Post a Comment