Nice description, huh?! That's what Mike was calling the Volvo's we looked at tonight. We test drove a pre-owned S60. It would be an upgrade in safety features and options than what we had on the S40, and I am kinda into putting them in a little heftier of a Volvo than the littler crash cage we had them in! So while at the dealership, we looked at the frame of a Volvo cut in half to view all the extra steel and the famous "steel cage". And they have another Volvo on display that had been totally-totalled. I was thinking the girls' accident was bad, but not bad-bad, but seeing this Volvo which went thru a bad-bad accident and how the roof held up same as in our little S40, I guess it is the great Volvo engineering not necessarily the severity of the roll-over. The roof damage was identical. I've seen this display when we bought the S40, but I looked at it differently tonight, that's for sure.
So, tomorrow we'll be looking for a likely Volvo to replace the S40. Soccer is rained out for the 3rd weekend in a row! We'll be playing until the end of May at this rate! The insurance hasn't told us yet that it's definitely totalled, but if it's any indication, the case has been turned over to the Total Loss division. So...we expect to hear Monday the final verdict. Poor little S40 - I loved that little car!!!!! But I love that it kept my babies safe whom I love much, much more....words cannot express my gratitude to Heavenly Father that they are OK.
Indy and Taryn are feeling better today. They went to school yesterday and back to seminary today. They have some neck and back issues to untweak, and they've been to the chiropractor twice and go back again Monday. Both girls xrays showed some minor injuries to these areas, but they are on the mend.
5 comments:
I am glad to hear they are getting better. Good luck on finding the new 'Crash Cage'!
I hate when soccer season drags out... no bad weather...no bad weather. :)
Ah the joys of having a car totaled. I hope your insurance doesn't drag their feet. My favorite part is when they canceled our rental car 2 days before we got the check from them to get the new car. :-P Thank goodness the dealership let us bring in the down payment later.
Hope the girls get feeling even better, those neck and back injuries are the worst.
Oh good luck buying a car. We (my mom and I)found that if you bring in a new born they get you out the door pretty fast, so go borrow a child for the day when you know what car you want.
I must say with a two year old running around the dealership and a three month old needing to eat, they worked up those papers pretty fast, or I was out of there.
They do seem to work fast when there are kids running around. I don't know why they did not like the three year old and almost two year old getting into everything:) Just think, if we bought another one now Bright is even bigger and better able to get into everything! Good luck with the car hunt. I'm glad you had such a safe car to keep your babies safe.
Post a Comment