Sunday, July 1, 2012

Gib Hawaii 1-0; Morning walks

Yesterday the Scouts left for Hawaii.   These are all actual pics taken by the Scouts as seen on facebook!


The Level II Hawaii Trip began at dawn, at the airport. In 11 hours they will be in Hawaii!

They boarded the USS Missouri where they bunked overnight

Double Rainbow 

I got a texts from Gib saying they landed safely and the first meal in 8 hrs was SOOO Good!! 
Judging by the flattering photo of my son, I'm wondering if this was it!
Flag lowering ceremony onboard USS Missouri


The itinerary for today is to disembark USS Missouri at 9:00 am (Island time) and go to the USS Arizona Memorial. There they will have lunch at the Memorial Cafe.  Let's see if Gib's table manners improve at all. Then the group will travel to Waikiki and check in at the Doubletree hotel.  There's something wrong about that. Boy Scouts at the Doubletree?! I thought they'd be stringing hammocks from palm trees along the beach! They will enjoy beach time and I would think the first day of snorkeling at Waikiki. Later in the afternoon the group will hike to the top of Diamondhead.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Mariah and I are still living the life of retired people... in bed 8-9 PM up before 5 AM.  Now that we've broken the before dawn barrier, Mariah likes to be bribed awake. Yesterday it was being the first customers of the day at Starbucks for caramel frappucinos at 5 freakin A.M.  Next we experienced the thrill of going to the Redbox when there are NO people and the only sign of life are little birdies and the bunny across the street from Walgreens. We took a nice little walk together on the way home. Today, the only other place that's open at 5 AM on our corner is Dunkin' Donuts. You gotta do what you gotta do. Pictures from this morning.
This will wake us up!


Just us and the birds!


Mariah and I took the long way home again. I am very much enjoying our time together before she leaves for a month. There's a whole new world waiting Mariah - dawn at home; France this weekend!

No comments: