Saturday, July 7, 2012

Beret's Away! Hawaii 6-0, 7-0

I spent the day yesterday glued to my phone to catch texts from Mariah as soon as they came in.

It was quite a long day for both of us - she got to see Chicago and had pizza at Gino's which I hear was amazing.  They did a walking tour of the city and went to the airport.  Cut it alot closer than I would have which kind of sent my blood pressure up, but didn't encounter any problems at all - unless you count going to the wrong terminal.  I guess the other parents didn't check out the map of the terminal online like I did. I knew exactly where they should have gone.  I told Mariah it would be easy to accidentally go to Terminal 5 when you need Terminal 1 for departing international flights. I guess by then everything I was telling her went in one ear and out the other. I wonder if I should worry about what else she wasn't listening to! One parent each escorted the girls so they took them directly to the gate.  And they were off!

At 2 am I got up to be ready to receive Mariah's text that they had landed, another one when they made it thru customs, and then an actual call that they were picked up.  We probably spent about $5 getting through that ordeal. There was some tense moments -- they sailed thru customs, got their bags, and still didn't see Lillion or Felicie.  We all scrambled - I told them to stay put, stay together and wait.

"Don't Panic! Stay right where you are. They will come to get you...." was totally running through my mind, even as I laughed at myself, you know I was starting to freak out.


While I was texting them and relaying to Peyton's mom, she found out the girls were there, but just hadn't found ours yet.  Whew!!   I got to speak to Felicie's mom briefly and she say they were all very happy!






Meanwhile, back in Hawaii - it rained.

The guys didn't do the canyon hiked planned because it was too wet after raining the entire day before. Gib said they did a simpler version of it though.






They had a luau last night and will fly to the Big Island of Hawaii today and set camp up in another BSA facility.   That means another Costco run... I wonder if they have the $1.50 Hot Dog Deal there?








View from Camp Honokaia




No comments: