Sunday, July 15, 2012

Bon Appetit like Cur-zeh

The sun was shining today! After 6 days of rain it was ah-mazing!  The guys went to the shooting range where Tebow got to shoot guns for the first time ever. I'm pretty sure his mother had a shock when she saw the pictures on facebook.  Mike handed him a gun to hold for a minute and Tebow's comment -- "This does not happen in France" - cracked us up.  He liked the photos of him at the shooting range though. I told him that when everyone talks about what they got to do with their families, he just needs to stand back let them all jabber and then simply go "I shot a gun".

We are scyping his mom tomorrow to reassure her that he is in good hands.  He has a birthday on Wednesday, so they both will probably enjoy touching base before we are at the lake for a few days.

Mike made an especially great batch of Jambalaya for dinner tonight. Tebow was very impressed, exclaiming "this is the best dinner I have ever eaten. In my life!".  He was very impressed Mike made it. Which shouldn't surprise him after seeing my attempt at the doberge cake. Mike gave him the recipe. As he was reading the ingredients, he had no idea what zucchini  was. I got one out of the fridge and he gave us his usual "yah yah" and then made up a z-ish french sounding word and laughed that I believed him. Then he tried to think of the word for it in French. After a few seconds he got the funniest incredulous look on his face and goes, "I can not believe eeet.  I can not remember eeet!" He is obviously deep, deep, deep undercover with the English language if he is losing his French!  

A moment later it came to him - courgette (French pronunciation: [kuʁ.ʒɛt] - (when Tebow said it, he sounded like cur-zeh) which I thought sounded like crazy - which is what happens in the kitchen when the cur-zeh start piling up and you can't eat them fast enough.


After dinner we joined some friends for the Michael Jackson Tribute concert.


I haven't heard from Mariah today. It must have been a busy day! I hope she got to try windsurfing. They don't have internet at the beach house, but I think they will be heading to the country again and I anticipate a text from her overnight.

No comments: