According to the Itinerary, today they are going to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park - to the summit of the caldera, see another amazing ocean view, and hike a chain of craters to the southernmost point in the US (really?) Ka Lae.
Gib leaves Hawaii tomorrow, but we won't see him until Tuesday morning. Hope they have had the best scout trip ever and safe travels home.
My mommy anxiety is pretty low actually - I had contact with all my kids yesterday! I love days like that. Mike commented that our 4 children have managed an incredible feat of spanning latitude and longitude. Mariah and Gib are 12 hours apart opposite longitudinally (new word) while Indie and Taryn are 12 hours apart latitudinally (meaning it takes 6 hours by car in one direction to get to Georgia from here, and 6 hours the other way to get to Missouri). Wrap you brain around that!
Joining the fun, Thibault is on his way now! He arrives in Tennessee this evening. We are looking forward to the start of his time with us. If he hasn't had the pleasure of Fried Pickles I do believe baptism by deep frying is in order.
Meanwhile, Mariah is heading back to Paris after another fun filled day in the country. I can't wait to see some photos and hear of her adventures. Welcome to the blog Mariah!
Although I do have to say that French is NOT for dummies because it is hard to pronounce! To help you I have shamelessly borrowed from the internet. These will appear on facebook as well, unless Mariah bans me, but even then the French have an expression that she would do well to learn: C'est la vie (say la vee) "That's life".
And, now without further adieu (hah I crack myself up) let's hear it for.....
French For Dummies: Word of the Day
Although I do have to say that French is NOT for dummies because it is hard to pronounce! To help you I have shamelessly borrowed from the internet. These will appear on facebook as well, unless Mariah bans me, but even then the French have an expression that she would do well to learn: C'est la vie (say la vee) "That's life".
English: French: Pronounciation:
Hello Salut sah-loo
1 comment:
also cou cou (means hello and sounds like youre calling someone coo coo)
and ça va (how are you and its sah va) thats ALL I PICKED UP!
Post a Comment