This afternoon, we went to a bistro and had yummy soup and a meatball & pasta dish. The place has free WIFI and booth seating so we settled in to spend time together while reading on our kindles. Mariah thought it was ironic but great. She decided we had talked about everything we could possibly talk about. She's just ready to GO!
In the midst of all that, I heard the non-profit program which brought us Felicie was desperate for host families for some boys who arrive on Sunday and as of a few days ago did not know where they'd go. And they have been waiting 3 months to get a host family. That is sad, isn't it?! My heart just can't help but reach out, and even though it'd be a scramble, I had to offer our home and family. Gib has already expressed interest so I know he'd be happy to have a guy here for 3 weeks, during which time he was going to be an only child anyway. As of right now, I am their back-up family, but I will not be at all surprised if we are asked to step in for some or all of the 3 week stay. Meanwhile, after our barrage of emails back and forth, the president and founder of USMD, who also lives in Paris, has announced she will be calling on the families hosting our girls sometime during their stay to check in on them. I gave Mariah her cell number just in case an issue arises and she needs french-english/english-french help. Mariah also knows 112 = 911 in Europe and she has Euros and sour patch kids. You know, all the important stuff.
Day 3 in Hawaii Kalalau Trail according to Wiki
The guys began their day at 4:30 am waking up to depart for the north coast of Kauai. At 8:30 the schedule says they begin hiking the Kalalau trail and hike to Hanakapiai beach. Mid-day will find them hiking to Hanakapiai falls and finishing the day of hiking around 4 pm. There will be some cool off time at the beach or Hanaiei Bay. That is if they make it. If you decided to skip the Wiki Report it's a must read now. They are going to Princeville for fish tacos and burgers where I guess one of 2 things will happen: 1) they will descend upon the food like ravenous dogs, er teenagers; or 2) everyone will collapse on the beach and decide to sleep awhile. Despite the strenous day, I do believe food will win out in the end, followed by collapsing.
Tomorrow is a "rest day" with camp activities and snorkeling and 4th of July fireworks in Lihue at the Vidniha stadium. Check it out - even the fireworks are prettier in Hawaii!




No comments:
Post a Comment