Monday, July 9, 2012

Hawaii 9-0 & Parlez

Last I heard from Gib it was around 4 am here, and approaching midnight for him. They were planning to stay up all night, so they could sleep on the plane. They arrive tomorrow morning at 9am hopefully feeling like it's really morning. Won't be alot of sleeping to be had around here - we've got things to do, people to see, places to go.... 

Here's the last of the photos from Hawaii


Not heavy on the details except it was very cold. I know Gib packed long sleeves, not sure about a jacket, but he doesn't get cold easily. Everyone else is freezing and he's in a t-shirt and flip flops.  He's probably freezing too but refuses to acknowledge it. 


The volcano crater before the sun went down at at sunset



AND MY PERSONAL FAVORITE:

Thibault and I decided to skip Opryland - we figure we can look at plants outside and it sounded a little boring to me. It's one thing to go with a bunch of girls who just walk and talk & talk & shop & talk & talk. I don't see guys loving it as much.  He tried his first bowl of homemade oatmeal and liked it. He says they are not much for breakfast in France which is great because we're not big breakfast people either. I like breakfast food, just don't like eating at that hour!

We have decided to take it slow here: going to check out the local area, maybe walk to the redbox, go to the grocery store, maybe Costco - because what's a trip to America without Costco?! As we have learned this week anyways, what's a trip anywhere without Costco?! Maybe I should wait for Gib to get back - I'm sure he is a big fan of the Costco run by now!

Later today hopefully he can hang out with our friend next door. 

Mariah went to the Eiffel tower.  She's probably still recuperating.  Something about 420 stairs and not even reaching the top which was closed. I thought they had elevators?!  I'm looking forward to her next blog, but don't know when to anticipate that. I enjoy conversations with her on messaging or texting. She mentioned the clothing boutiques and that she's in big trouble - lots and lots of trouble. There goes my cheese and chocolate.


French For Dummies:  


English:                              Pronounciation:                  French:
Please speak slowly            par-lay lehn-ta-mohn          Parlez lentement

No comments: