TARYN ATE SUISHI!!!
It was her first time trying that too. She is adventuresome. I didn’t even get to see what it looked like or watch her eat it before it was gone. I hear the wasabi took her by surprise, but it didn’t slow her down much, she just didn’t have any more of it! It was Mariah’s turn to chose the restaurant and she’d been craving Chinese food. It was a great choice as we really enjoyed the food and eating it back at the condo and then playing another rousing game of Phase 10. Actually, because we were getting up early for the Eco Tour, we only played a half game of Phase 10 and Mike won. Considering that all the kids play in favor of their mom and their mom pretty much cheats in favor of her kids, it’s quite an accomplishment for Mike to win. For example, he only had one card left and made a big announcement about how he was sparing us as he walked into the kitchen for ice cream. So the second his back was turned, I flipped over his last card and whispered “It’s a 7!” and turned it back over. Would’ve gotten away with it too, except Indy got the giggles and the kids gave me away.
We had another awesome day at the beach. Do we know how to relax or what?! Even Mariah can handle all this relaxation! I thought she’d be whining by now, but she’s held up just fine. There haven’t been many other kids for her to find “new friends”, but she did find a couple yesterday for the last hour or so. The waves weren’t as intense as the day before, but the boogie boards had lost all hope of ever boogying again. Gib has a big white band-aid tan line on the back of his leg. Yesterday, as I was just laying there, I wondered out loud if there would be a big white square where the band aid was. Then Gib took his off, he did! Hahaha!
We went to a store and bought two more boogie boards. Everyone found t-shirts and hoodies there, so that completed our St. Augustine logo shopping.
Funny moments of the day: The old people who showed up to tan, and stripped down to their speedos and were very brown and wrinkled. Group Ewww. They were taking photos of each other in the surf and really working the camera and then they’d go back to look at the camera to see the photo. Indy thought it was so cute and funny, she took pictures of them taking pictures of each other. While she was commentating, “Flaunt it! Flaunt it baby!” my strap on my top broke and if I hadn’t felt it going, I would’ve been the one flaunting something. Indy was laughing at me the whole time she tied my suit back together.
5 comments:
Relaxing!! Ahhhh! Some of those old wrinkled prunes are actually kinda scary.
Now you left us with a Group EEEWWW. I hope the Boogie revival went OK.
so i hope you have been taking pictures of all this fun stuff that you will be posting when you get back to TN right? I gotta see these wrinkled old people~! Maybe I dont I saw quite a few on the cruise but none the less sounds like ya'll are having a nice RELAXING time together!
So you are the one that slips the extra $500's to people in monopoly too hu? Ok I really only slip the money to myself. I am suprised that no one ever caught on why I wanted to be the banker so bad...
I have to say...Mike always 'whooped' my rear in every game we played. Nice to know you found a strategy! LOL! ;)
I can't wait to see the pics that Indy took of the wrinkled ones. :P
Post a Comment