Thursday, I'm back in the saddle at preschool. The regular teacher is at Disney and I thought we'd do some fun Disney stuff since she's off visiting Mickey and his friends. Kind of have our own Disney Day. I wonder how Mickey Mouse ears out of construction paper would turn out?! They could decorate them with glitter glue. And I could handwrite their names on the hatband. They can save them for when their teacher gets back as a surprise from their Disney Day. I can probably find some Disney stories in the preschool/church library, but I'd love other some other ideas if anyone has suggestions!
So who wants to hear about how today went?! I subbed in the young 2's - that means they're in the 2 to 2.5 range - the era of No I Don't Have To Go (when they really do). There was kind of a lack of basic instructions, such as who sleeps where, what routine we follow prior to eating lunch, etc. I was told which child was the best source of information - my go to gal, if you will. Mind you, this is a 2.5 yr old. Who delighted in tricking me. Whooo-weeee. That was fun. Do we say a prayer BEFORE we open our lunches? No. Yes, we do!! Haahahah, I tricked Ms. Chrissie! What prayer do you say? Blank stares, except for one gal kept saying the same thing over and over, but I have no idea what she said. I could understand everything else she said all day but that was a mystery. Then for some reason they started singing ABC's. I don't know a prayer song to bless lunch that goes with the ABC's do you? I ask them if that was their prayer song. My go to gal says YES! I gave her a skeptical look, and she goes, Hahahaha, I tricked Ms. Chrissie again! OK, that's getting a little old girlie. So I sang the lunch prayer song I knew and was told that was not it. I replied, "It is now! Everyone eat!"
Then there was naptime. Curiously, there was NO helpful information to be had from any of them to facilitate that. Where are your nap mats? Blank stares. Found the mats. They all ended up together which I know is not where they sleep! Luckily, a T.A. came in and helped me put the kids where they belonged for naptime. One kid ended up on the floor with no pillow, no blanket, no nap mat. I have no idea where his stuff was. 10 minutes into nap time he exclaimed that some other girl had his pillow. Hello?! Was I not asking endlessly what stuff was his?!
So, Thursday, I definitely need more structure and I will be my own Go To Gal, thank you!!
6 comments:
WHAT a little rascal . . .
Haha trying to get Jason to tell me all that stuff. HAHAHA I don't think so. That is pretty dang funny just imagining it.
LOL! I love the 'sassy' girl who 'tried' to help you! :P
I only hope Thursday is a better day for you.
Oh those 2 years sound like mine was...I'm sure she would have been loads of help to you also!
I love little kids like that, they always make things more lively!
How about a donald Duck collar? White paper with blue dots tied around their neck with yarn or ribbon?
How about some Disney Prncess crowns? Or septors?
Little Mermaid instruments for all the little fishes under the sea?
cute and funny! You have such a great heart and are understanding with little kids.
Post a Comment