Thursday, May 8, 2008

Kay said...

I love looking over the past posts...its quite comical how you were the "poster" until Chrissie caught on. Oh don't get me wrong, I love Chrissie's posts, but maybe you should type an entry too? (Okay, I'm one to talk. I have enough trouble just keeping up with everyone else's blogs!)

I have always said that Chrissie's talent for writing is far superior to mine. In fact, if you were to look back at my very first post you would see this:

"I have never considered myself a very talented writer, that honor belongs to my wife. It is a struggle for me to put my thoughts into words, but I will make the attempt."

Composing a post often takes me hours and has taken up to a week. I have found that when I try to relate the various activities of our family, it is often dry and mundane. Chrissie, however, has the ability to make it fun and humorous, and it just rolls right off her fingertips. She has the gift of storytelling. And I am more than happy to let her take front and center.

She is also a comment junkie!! So, all of you lurkers out there, throw her a bone!! Even I got called on the carpet for not commenting on her posts. By the way, Will, you would be the prime reason for that little attitude adjustment I received. But keep on, I enjoy reading your comments as well.

Most of my "occasional" posts will be history related, stock related, or thoughts on subjects that I think are interesting and want to share with others. Some of my slants on things, you may or may not agree with, but perhaps it will make you think about it from a different angle.

All right - this one only took half an hour.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

I enjoy reading both of your blog entires. I prefer when both spouces write it gives the blog a different perspective.

And really what can my mom say, she won't even start a blog so she has no room to comment :P

Holly said...

Mike you crack me up! I love reading your posts too! Just not stock quotes- hee, hee, hee! :) LOVE YOU!!!

Will said...

I have heard 1st hand that your stock quotes get some attention. I'm just Will though. I'm Will and I'm weird. I like the blogging world.

Chrissie said...

I guess it's a good thing Mike doesn't mind giving me front stage on the blog sometimes. I just got tired of waiting for him to write another one once I found out he started blogging, so I started writing too. And it does come easy for me and I enjoy it alot.

There are several lurkers out there though, and you know who you are, that should be saying HI and stuff. Your identity won't get stolen or anything, so c'mon sign in and just do it!!

Trish Griffee said...

I like all posts...sometimes I don't have time to comment though because I should technically be working:P

Anonymous said...

Thanks Mike!!

Colton calls me "creeper" when I look at all my Laurels Face Book and My Space Pages.

I know Grandma and Grandpa Coombs are lurkers, but she won't write comments. I know Cary occasionally pops in for a viewing too.