Chrissie’s 4:03 decree: When a bug splat is loud enough to make you look, even though it’s too dark to see it, the immediate reaction should be to hit the washer and wipers.
Note: Even though I only drove 2 hrs, the windshield I turned over was much cleaner than the one we currently have! I thoroughly explained the 4:03 decree, so named because that was the time when a particularly large bug splattered its disgusting innards all over our windshield. It only took me about a mile going 70 mph to name the decree and come up with a nifty little rhyme to remember it by. But the other drivers did not obey the 4:03 Decree to keep a bug splat free windshield. Mike and Indy alternated the rest of the drive. I kept offering, but they drove the rest of the way. Probably because they are in a secret conspiracy to keep the bug splats on the windshield.
No problems getting here. But, we had some difficulty checking in. The office booked us for next week instead of this week. Luckily though, despite the busy holiday weekend, there was one condo left available. So we’re in it for a couple of days and then we move into the other one. We’re just glad we had a place to sleep in at all! I had visions of us sleeping in the van. Indy & Taryn are in one bedroom, Mariah has the sofa bed, Mike and I have the other bedroom, and Gib has an air mattress. Scouts has toughened him up so much he doesn't even mind it!! We were pleasantly surprised to have Internet access and hope the other condo does too.
We hit the beach to cool off and enjoy the last of the afternoon sun. The water was nice! A little colder than I expected, but the younger ones jumped right in. Too cold for me to go in past my feet, and Mike was busy taking photos, so Indy & Taryn finally decided they’d better join them out there 'cause they were scaring us a little. And of course, we already have a sizable shell collection going.
Our daily nutritional intake suffered after having our traditional travelling provisions of candy, cokes, sprite, & water, brunch at Waffle House at 11:00, and by 7:00 p.m. we were starving for real food! We had dinner at the Oasis and everybody had fish except for Mariah who had a hot dog. It was yummy and everyone cleaned their plates!
After dinner we went to the grocery store for supplies and food for breakfasts and lunches while we are here. We are going to take it easy the next couple days, then plan some excursions to sight see and tour the area. Skipbo and Smoothies have been the order of the day so far, and when the morning clouds lift, we are hitting the beach.
4 comments:
Miss you guys so I stopped in for a visit. Have fun. The bug bit was gross, but funny too.
Your 4:03 Decree carcks me up! I guess I am the same way...with my windsheild too! :)
Have fun on the beach...playing in the sun... *sigh*
I have a pretty farmer tan. ;)
Chrissie, Mike and Indy are just trying to save YOU all the washer fluid. They wouldn't want to have to buy some more.
I bet it was a consipiracy sounds like something I would have done to my mother :) Oh and I love vacationing in condos so I can still make food... I have eating out 3 meals a day!
Post a Comment