Monday, May 19, 2008

This Is A Stick Up!

Starring:
Pixie as The Annoying Little Sister














And Super Chino The Snake Hunter

Earlier this evening, Chino and I played his favorite kitten game of Chase the Stick. Pixie came out of the woods to investigate what new thrill we have that's exciting enough to make Chino run after it, capture it, and then sit on it. You can't tell, but the stick is about 2' long. The game goes like this: you wiggle the stick like it's a snake, then you throw it, and Chino runs after it and sits on it. It's tons of fun. You should try it with your cat, child, spouse...whatever you have at home.
Anyway, the photos just begged for a storyline, so here goes:

There's A Snake In the Grass!

What an idiot...that's clearly just a stupid stick.

Aha! Another snake!
Nothing gets past Super Chino!
Oooh, look it's a Flying Snake! Not.
My 3rd snake of the night, I'm not really hungry
anymore, but oh well, I can pretend it's Pixie's leg.

Hardy-Har-Har!
You know what you can do with that stick dontcha?

MOM!!!!!!
P.S. A couple hours later I found a real 2' long snake. I had just come home and opened the garage door and as I was walking in, I saw it lying where the door had been. I thought, wow, mom squished a snake when she closed the garage a while ago. It looked kinda like half of it was all messed up and I wasn't sure it was going to make it. So I grabbed a broom and poked it to see if it could still move. I figured if it was injured, I wasn't going to try to pick it up 'cause I'd probably get bit and even though it was clearly a garden snake, still, who wants to be bitten? So, I'm thinking maybe I can hook it on the broom and throw it into the woods, and the irony of it all made me a little complacent. Right about then, that sucker took off just fine. Headed right into the garage. So I'm trying to deflect it with the broom handle and make it slither the other way. About the time that the snake is figuring out how to bypass the broom handle, I figure out the sweeping end will do a better job. So I flip over the broom and the snake tries a little Garden Variety Cobra imitation. I scooshed it along anyway, and it finally chose to slither over to the other garage door crack. Later on, I went back and checked and saw no sign of it. I wonder if it can squeeze under the garage door? Good thing I'm not scared of snakes. I wonder if I should tell the girls?! Maybe we should watch where we walk for a few days. Then again, Pixie was having way too much fun to come in until after 10:30 pm, so maybe she caught the real thing!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

A snake. Ok I would be totally freaked out. How are they so smart to play dead like that. I thought it was only possums who did that.

Will said...

I'm probably one of the only ones that appreciate your cat-entries, but I think I appreciate them enough to make up for the cat-haters! Keep them coming!

Mickie and Matt said...

Woah those are good pictures! Nice! Theres a snake in my boots! in mean garage...

Anonymous said...

NOT a snake fan! Yep, me and Indiana Jones. Let's hope it can't figure out how to get into the vehicles!

Holly said...

LOL! Chrissie you crack me up! Loved the play by play of the cats. :) Umm, ask Eric...I would have FREAKED with a snake (garden or other wise...) Good for you. I would have been screaming, "EEEERRRRIIIICCC!!!!!"

Lynne Cook said...

Adorable! I LOVED it!

Trish Griffee said...

I used to be afraid of snakes until we moved to Pleasant Grove...now I can see a full grown rattler 5 feet away and not freak out. I'm a huge fan of the stick..I mean snake...game. I think I might try that on a kid of mine:)