Monday, May 5, 2008

Shiny Bright Halo

Usually it's a little tarnished, but my halo is shining ever so brightly these days. I've been doing so many good deeds I'm getting a little sick of myself. It all started with taking my friends mom to the dentist. The next day, another friend's daughter broke her arm at school, so I went to the hospital and helped out with their little girl, Amy Mei, who was turning 4 that day. We left to go get her birthday cake in a huge downpour and got soaking wet, visited two public restrooms, told everybody it was her birthday in our new conversational English, and scored a free teddy bear and a book! Then Scary Nick came over that afternoon and stayed for dinner. The next day I didn't do much but bask in my glorious reflection since Mike and Gib were at a scout camporee, but I did get some gardening done. Today I made cinnamin rolls from scratch for Indy's study til midnite session at school for the AP Calculus exam. In between risings, I went to the material store and got faux fur for a caveman outfit for Gib's band concert. And, this isn't really halo material - but it's gotta be saintly to make cinnamin rolls, a costume, AND mop and wax my wood floors all in one day!

By the end of the week my halo will probably be twisted, tarnished, and possibly trashed, since I have 2 days of subbing for the young 2's class at preschool, and helping set up and serve for the Mother Daughter's Activity Day thing on Wednesday.

But wait, there's one more shiny halo thing (oooh, and now that I think about it, it was accepting the new calling and agreeing to this right after sacrament that started the whole chain reaction!). So, I'm in a skit next Sunday for the Visiting Teaching conference. It wasn't like I could say no since I kinda wrote the darn thing. Oh well, one of my favorite's, Last Minute Lucy, was still up for grabs, so I'm her. I've gotta create a hat for my character who lives by the motto, "if it wasn't for the last minute, nothing would get done!". I hope the skit goes over as funny as it seemed to me when I put it together. It's always a little scary, because I am a great source of amusement to myself, but I find alot of people don't get my sense of humor at church. That reminds me, they didn't do my song at the talent show, but it was OK, because we had all sorts of changes of plans here and I ended up not going anyway. I'll put it up in case anyone wants to see it.

And in case anyone was wondering, if that was all it takes for this girl to think her halo is bright? The answer is: Yup! Pretty much. It's all downhill from here baby!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Dang! Your halo is pretty dang shiny right now. Mine is looking a little shabby at the moment.

Holly said...

Um that 'halo' needs to come my way and garden for me! ;)

Trish Griffee said...

NICE HALO!!! I can see it from here. I get your sense of humor...oh wait most of us in this family have your sarcastic sense of humor...oh well I find myself amusing too.