We hit the beach around 11 after a lazy morning. So nice to not worry about being late to school, and what time it is and where we need to be.
Beach Report: When we go to the shore we saw a whole bunch of matching umbrellas with two chaise chairs under them. We figured they were available to rent, so we claimed one of the last few available and Mike headed off for the matching tent to see what they charged. It was $25 for the day. We also rented a 3rd chair for $5 more and bought two boogie boards from the guy too. We were excited to see that the waves were much better than they were the evening before. Gib and Mariah couldn't wait. I look around and ask "Where's Mariah?" Indy and I look around and then immediately out to the ocean and there she is - hip deep within the first 30 seconds we were there. So Gib runs out to join her. They were very cute together. They even held hands in the ocean jumping waves and pulling each other back up. I got pictures if he tries to deny it. The waves were really quite strong and could knock you back aways, and when you're Mariah's size, they could take you down! When Mike got back with the boards, everybody took turns and we had a blast! The water is wonderful. The sand is really fine and soft until you get down to where everyone is parked out for the day. There it's wet and hard, almost like pavement.
Boogie Board Report: Gib was bragging to Taryn that he had never gotten flipped when a big wave crashed on top of him and flipped him. Taryn found that quite funny. Betcha she saw it coming too. Mariah got flipped 3 times when a wave came out on top of another wave and landed on her. I know what's she talking about because that happened to me too! When Mike and Indy went out together, Mike fell off the boogie board so many times, Indy was laughing at him constantly while they were out there. Then when Indy and I were out, she got all wrapped up in the cord and got hit by a wave and her board actually bent in half and it's kinda torqued now. We cracked up over that. I tried to talk her into riding it upside down, but she didn't go for it. I scratched up my knee on one of my first rides in on the shells and sand, not realizing I was already in shallow water. It bled forever. I'm not looking forward to putting it in saltwater today; that will sting. We saw several dinged up people bleeding so I guess it happened a lot. You also get a lot of shell fragments and sand in your suit from the wipeouts which can become quite uncomfortable. And that's all I am allowed to say about that.
Sunburn report: First place for No Sunburn goes to Indy! And she used the least sunscreen as usual too. She was happy to get a good tan in one day and almost wipe out her eczema too. She's all spotted up from it, but no more itching! 2nd Place goes to me - I got a teeny-tiny bit red on top of my shoulder, that was it. Taryn came in 3rd - she missed doing her face one time after swimming and suffered for it. Gib would come in 4th, he got a sunburn on his upper arms. Mike and Mariah tie for last. Poor Mariah, I forgot to spray one spot on her back and it was fried. The top of her thighs and her upper arms are pretty red too. Mike, as usual, blinded us by his whiteness and by the end of the week, after hurting us repeatedly with his sunburned neck, feet, arms, shoulders, etc., could possibly be the brownest when it's all said and done. If we can get him to take off his shirt that is. He was the most fully dressed person on the beach, and under an umbrella most of the day. All because the kids Easy Sudoku got the better of him in the morning and he can't give it up. He's an addict. He must prevail. Indy did pick it up and comment that his strategy was interesting and that was one thing you gotta say, dad always has a unique logical method going on for him.
Dining Report: Taryn chose the restaurant for dinner - We went to the Reef. She wolfed down a huge plate called the Seafood Trio Platter. Actually, almost everyone passed around a portion of their dinner to share with others, except for me and Indy because we kind of think that's gross. Plus, we had salads, and nobody wants a bite of salad! Mike and Gib shared Jambalaya, Mariah and Gib shared Fried Shrimp and Shrimp Ceviche, and Taryn shared portions of her giant platter with Mike. I did have a bite of the baked potato because it was rolled, and I mean rolled, in salt. Even more salt than I would have put on it. It was like going straight to the salt lick. Yum Yum.
The plan for Day 3 is to move to the new condo which will be farther from the beach, but we are really hoping the beds will be more comfortable. Indy has woken up with a horrible stiff neck both mornings. I'm almost out of ibuprofen, and as you may accurately assume, I came loaded. Since the littlest one is sunburned, maybe we'll do some sightseeing or go shopping for Florida T-Shirt and Hoodies today and limit our beach time to a couple of hours. I'd like to go out with our buckets and walk a couple miles on the shore in the late afternoon/early evening when the tide is out and collect shells. We have to change condo units between 3 and 5 so whatever we do has to revolve around that.
2 comments:
Your vacations sound so relaxing and nice. Maybe we should try having a relaxing vacation for once!
I used to hate how dark Mike would get...no matter how hard we tried...that boy took the cake (so to speak) with color. :)
Post a Comment