And then forget!!!
We have a new Christmas Eve family tradition to go to wherever a child is working and visit them that evening. Could be that getting dessert at Indy's restaurant had something to do with its inception! So, the host that night was heard whispering rather loudly, "Indy your WHOLE family is here!". We asked to be seated in her section of course and had a great time watching her work and having her visit us whenever she could. We folded her tip money into footballs, swans and rosebuds. Several coworkers came by to check us out and I smiled at all of them and said Hi. During a lull, we all wrote down what we thought her tip should be and made dad pick one out of the bowl, it was the poopy scrooge's 17%, but Grammy chipped in and we put it towards tip since Mariah made it into a rose, so I think Indy ended up with 50% tip which was my entry into the Tip Lotto bowl! Taryn has vowed not to have a job next year if this is what will happen to her. What?! I was only joking about us all trying on several pairs of shoes at once and going, "Miss?! Oh Miss?! Do you have this in a...." or if she's at Walgreens, getting on the store speaker and asking, "Will Taryn please bring a box of tampons to the checkout counter?!". Geez, does anyone REALLY think I'd do that?!?! Mwa-ha-ha!
Here's another one - so cute! Mariah had Santa notes floating around everywhere. There was one on the counter for days. I wasn't supposed to see it. Then another time, it was up on the computer screen and she yelled "Close your eyes!" and closed the doc, but finally, Mike and I had to take a peek. It cracks me up because she obviously needed the spy items badly and Santa didn't come through. Maybe there's a Wii game that will hone her spymaster abilities. Well, develop them may be a better choice of words.
Here goes her list (We love the last item):
I want a spy car with a camera
A spy hearing chip with a disguised microphone
I would also like a volleyball net
A canvas with paint brushes
And a kitten for Indy. Please she always wanted one
I received an email from a mother whose son wanted me to track down my daughter T, so he could ask her out on a group date before any of the other boys! Apparently T was the hot date for this group thing they've got planned for tomorrow night (and we all know why! T is cute and waaay fun!), and the boy (red power ranger guy I think) was calling while she was getting a haircut (so she wasn't answering her cell). In desperation, he asks his mom to email Taryn's mom to find her! How funny is that?! They are going to the Opryland Hotel to play sardines and see the water show and then to a friend's house for a bonfire. I bet they all get in trouble. At the hotel, probably not at the bonfire. Somebody better organize this carefully so everyone stays out of the botanical sections or security will be on them quicker than you can say "kiss my grits" and if they are running through the pathways they will be caught and escorted off the premises. They could have so much fun playing sardines there, but not if some goober screws it up.
There was something else that I said "I'm gonna Blog that!" to today, but nobody will remind me what it was. I hate that. I'm gonna have to start carrying a pen and write it on my hand or something.
Oh well, not that this is interesting, but to fill in the giant blank spot in my mind, yes, make all the jokes you want, I am consistently the WORST at Mario Kart ever! I claim all future dibs on Baby Peach because I like the little hissy fits she throws and the funny little whoo-hoo's she gives even though we are defying gravity in our little buggy and zipping around in 12th place.
4 comments:
A 50% tip wahoo! Come to my work!!! Oh man I don't have a job, but if I did I would take the teasing :)
Sardiens in a hotel. Hummm Sounds like a fun date!
I like baby peach too! She is my fav. I am horible at that game too, but still enjoy losing :)
The boys will play with you online if you call! Although, I will warn you...Con kicks everyone's trash! :)
In Mario Kart that is...LOL!
You should have seen me try and play the Olympic game on the Wii. My little hands were running so fast and still couldn't jump those dang hurtles. And when you miss a hurtle you loose a lot of time! I almost beat someone in the trampoline though...:) Practice all day while the kids are at school then when they get home you can kick their trash!!
Post a Comment