Wednesday's are Anti-Procrastination Day. That usually means I will procrastinate a little bit more. Some weird kind of inner-rebellion. Actually, I usually ignore Anti-Procrastination day, and I created my own day which I call Wet Wednesday. On Wet Wednesdays, I do things that involve water (or start with a W cause I like stuff like that), so for instance, I'd be cleaning bathrooms, watering plants, weeding if it was summertime, changing litterboxes, washing windows, or mopping. Obviously not all each Wednesay, I'm not that OCD, I wish, but I'm not! But, since I successfully procrastinated taking down Christmas for a full 3 days now, I vow, and you heard it here first folks, and now that I've blogged it I have to follow thru...to do it first thing Wednesday morning!
No more "but first's...." As College Planning Administrative Assistant to my daughters, I have managed to spend quite a bit of time, much more than anticipated on that endeavor. I would look at the Christmas tree and go, "but first..." and turn on the computer and pull up the college housing applications and tuition enrollment deposits. Then there was the whole deciding which ones to do now, which to hold off on. Researching and more researching to see what students really think of their college. YouTube is alot of fun to use as a research tool for this by the way. The honors colleges needed to be applied for by either 12/31 or 1/10 depending, so that had to take place before the Christmas decorations obviously. Then there were Indy's two essays written for scholarships, they had to be proofed one more time and hand delivered to the post office. She's got two essays in the middle of research that we talk about occasionally, so we sit and brainstorm in the office, because it just wouldn't work to have a Christmas tree inbetween us. There was even one Parental Statement that I got to write! And now there's one college on the verge of being dropped from the list, do we or don't we proceed with the 3 more essays that college would require? Decisions, decisions....
Oh, and while I was making another post office run today, Mike needed to go to Home Depot so while we were there...I selected the new paint colors for the downstairs! Indy laughed at me when she saw me on the couch ignoring all the Christmas boxes waiting to be filled. But, I gotta say, I totally amaze myself sometimes. I may put off something, but when it comes time to make a decision I am speedy quick! Unless it involves college, because you know, that's not my decision and maybe that's the problem. But anyway, back to the paint story....Boom, boom boom, I grabbed a bunch of likely colors at Home Depot, come home, hold them up, ignore the Christmas tree in front of me, and go, "no, no, possibly, yes, yes, no" and 15 minutes later I have selected the three new colors for the dining room, living room and kitchen!! The dining room will be Copper Coin (a burnt orange - wild huh?!) and the main living area is called Ryegrass (a nice relaxing light green) and the kitchen is Turkish Brown (super dark brown). They look totally cool together. I was going to call a designer and get an opinion for paint colors, but I'm not sure I need to do that anymore. "I done good!" And yet, I still can't make myself take down that darn Christmas tree!
And then we turned to the house which is now 90% super clean - thanks to the kids for doing major work upstairs. So, I don't think I can possibly avoid it any more. I have to take down Christmas inside and out tomorrow. I will go insane if I don't. Then I will vacuum & mop, do the windows and taa-daa! Ready for the New Year! I do love starting January 1st with a wonderfully clean home. But I gotta admit, I really prefer getting ready for Christmas!
5 comments:
No tree in this house, we just weren't here.
I'm waiting to clean the house....why?
But I was crazy enough to invite the whole ward over between 12 noon and 10:00 tomorrow for New's Year's day. Harvey just laughed and asked how many I thought would come. I told him I was thinking maybe for 3 to 200. It will be an adventure for sure. I think I'll wait to clean the house on Friday...;)
Well last night we took down the tree and decorations.
Ok it really wasn't that hard for me. We don't realy have decorations. We have a santa, pillow, snowman, boots, and an advent calender. Haha. It took me all of 15 min to organize the ornaments.
Now for those pesky pine needles every where...
Sad to say, but I am OCD...I probably would have done all the "W's"...sigh.
I want to see pics after you paint! :)
I got the upstairs tree on Sunday and everything else on Monday. Now I just need to get the outside stuff and then when the roof is not covered in snow Art will take down the lights. Good luck!
I went pretty crazy today as well, something abou starting off the new year with a not so clean house made me cringe. So I washed all the throw pillows on the couches, moved all the couches and vacuumed underneath them etc etc. I was cleaning for about 4-5 hours before I though, wait wasnt I just going to fold some laundry? Yikes.
Post a Comment