I don't know exactly with what, but I've been busy! At preschool, we had the Christmas musical on Tuesday and on Wednesday I subbed as teacher for the day in one of the Pre-K's. I am getting alot better at that if I don't say so myself. It was Polar Express day and we all wore jammies to school (so comfy!). I made up my own art activity which I was very proud of. We cut off the top third of white paper bags and the kids decorated them. We turned them into pockets by hole punching around 3 sides. Then the kids sewed up the pockets with a long length of multi colored yarn (my favorite kind) and we attached a silver bell to the yarn so it wouldn't fall through a hole in the pocket like it did in the book/movie.
Today I interviewed the students, and wrote down their responses to questions such as If you got to pick the first gift of Christmas what would it be? and If you got to take a magical journey where would you go and how would you get there? Some of my favorite answers were: An umbrella and "I would fly like Ironman to the Milky Way". One kid said he'd go to another world! I asked him if I would be there and he said "NO". Haha. Pretty good imaginations!
5 comments:
Chrissie you are a great teacher. Tons of energy, fantastic ideas, you don't put up with nonsense and you have a great love for little kids.
PS NO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!! SO much for your CLEAN house.
DO you want to walk in the snow and ice?? :)
WOW, so creative! I can't wait until I get the 'craft/treadmill/office' room DONE! GIVE MY BROTHER LOVES FOR HIS B-DAY SOON! ;)
Cool project. I use to annoy the heck out of every one in my classes (7th grade). I tied the bell to my shoe. When ever I walked every one heard me jingle. What a nerd I was :)
OK, I was a little worried about the pocket craft thing till I remember it was Polar Express day. Way cute!
Post a Comment