Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Yea! Boo! Hiss! Yikes!

Yea! Indy's ACT scores came back earlier than we expected, and she got a composite score of 29! She is very happy with her score and she made some of her best scores ever - a 34 in English, and a 28 in Math! We are proud of her accomplishment and are hoping she can pull out all the stops just one more time and get one teeny tiny point higher because that's what she needs for a 2/3 scholarship to Auburn. Unfortunately, Auburn doesn't super score (take your best scores from each category for a composite). Other universities on her list do super score though, and for them, she is at a 30. Hopefully, with her 4.03 GPA, top 8% in her class and ACT range, she'll still get some decent scholarship offers to choose from. We are waiting to hear back on what she got for the writing portion of the ACT. It should come in a couple weeks. Taryn will be taking the ACT also in October - her first, Indy's last. Please keep the prayers going for the girls test taking next month!

Boo! The bad news is that Mike is sick again. I think the crud made its way here! We'll probably start dropping like flies because it was his turn to make dinner tonight and it didn't hit him until afterwards. Now we're all contaminated! He was sick just a week ago, and Taryn got it too, so this is a bummer one-two punch. I'm sleeping in my mom's room tonight, that's for dang sure! It may not help me though, because he germed that room up too. Geez Mike, keep your contagions contained, will ya?! We lysoled everything we could think of, especially the TV remote, but my tummy is worried.

Hiss! Thursday is looking too stressful! It's our preschool accreditation day, so we will have a person there all day grading us on every little minute, infinitesimal thing that happens at school, our interactions with the kids, what's in their lunches, our program, the playground (yikes! and the kids keep asking for the Jello Jiggler Monster game!) and how safe it is, and how well we supervise out there, teachers, and the biggie....how well I do keeping germs at bay with the bleach water spray bottle and listening for every sneeze and cough, eagle eye for every nose picker or nose swiper, so hands are washed promptly! I have exactly 30 minutes to collapse at home after work, then I have a parent-teacher conference with Mariah's teacher. Then after that, Taryn goes to the 2nd of five ACT prep classes. In between dropping T off and picking her up, is Achievement Day for Mariah. I think I can, I think I can....

Hopefully I won't forget anyone or anything. Ooooh, like picking my mom up at the airport. I just remembered that's tomorrow night too. Forgetting to get your mom at the airport is way up there is the Yikes category!! I already set my cell phone to remind me of the PTC, now I'll have to remember to set it for picking up mom too! 'Cause there's only so much my brain can handle, and I feel full capacity coming on. Mayday! Mayday!

4 comments:

Linda said...

A normal day in the life of a Supermom- right? Thank goodness for those cell phone calendars and alarms. I've actually heard my kids refer to mine as my brain. Like I don't know what I'm supposed to do without it. Sad but true. Good luck tomorrow!

Holly said...

You are one busy gal! I am with ya' I always have the cell to remind me to do something or go get someone... A day in the life of a MOM! :)

Kristin said...

Man I don't take those tests very well. Who cares what a puppy is to dog and a cat is to... I mean come on really. I scored a 19 haha pretty bad. Will is awsome at those tests. He scored way higher then me, way way higher.

Will said...

Your title is funner to say if you do it with a Shaggy from Scooby Doo voice.