Then it was my turn last night, but it wasn't a yarker. Still hurts, but I'm fully loaded on the ol' Clint Cocktail, my scalp is tingling and one eye is half shut, but I've got things to do, places to go, people to see....
- First on the list is taking two cats to the vet. They are currently holed up in the laundry room where they had breakfast, which conveniently is the location where their carriers are kept. All I have to do is get in there without letting them out, and they're mine, the pretties!
- After that, I will try to be dedicated to my 5 miler Friday. After Will's comment/challenge last week, I don't know if a migraine is excuse enough to miss it. I'd hate to be a starter and not a finisher.
- Then I have my appointment for Eternal Youth with my hairdresser to keep away the grays. The girls and I are all on the same schedule now; Indy, Taryn and Mariah went to her on Wednesday. We get the friends & family group discount that way.
- Wait! There's more! Our landscaper guy who did the walls and walkways is coming by to kill off our Bermuda lawn today. Then he'll be back later to aerrate and reseed it with good stuff. I am sandwiched between two neighbors who are S.O.B.s (Stamp Out Bermuda) so they will be happy I am on the bandwagon and not spreading my nasty weedy lawn to theirs anymore. And by the way, that is a neighborhood acronym, I didn't make that one up people.
So the weekend will be filled with meows and yowling cats who demand to go outside and experience the first breath of Fall and can't because they can't be walking on all that Round Up and eating the sprayed grass. I will go out today and buy them grass at the pet store, and probably fresh catnip toys, because that's how much I love them! Well, one of them, anyway - the one who tried to purr my migraine away this morning.
4 comments:
First that little quote on the side from H Burke Peterson made me get a little glistening tear in my eye. Second I think that acronym if AWESOME... I love making up stuff like that. (Can we realy be sure it wasnt you Chrissie? It has your style all over it :)
What a busy day! I need catnip and some grass... ;) Kik got out yesterday while I was cooking dinner. Mom freaked but then laughed when she found him sitting on the porch watching the cars go by... silly. :)
Holly, what kind of grass are you talking about . . . the kind like catnip???
First Ray and now Chrisse, I've really got to watch what I say. I don't mean to be so "inspiring" . . .
Migraine-ew
cats-ew
catnip-ew
your have fun with that!!
Post a Comment