Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Alot of little things = ALOT!

Not a whole lot going on, just the usual...

School: Indy is studying for another round of the ACT she'll take this weekend (prayers please!). Taryn is starting to think about college majors (Chemical Engineering?!) and will be taking a prep class for the ACT and will take the PSAT soon too. Gib is still mum on the cute girl but we're wearing him down. Progress reports came home and everyone is doing great. Mariah has school pictures tomorrow! (Hey, that reminds me - Happy Anniversary Holly & Eric!)

Then there's Scouts. Gib will receive a few merit badges at the next Court of Honor (Geology, Fishing, Citizenship in the Nation; Citizenship in the World, and Watersports). And he was elected to the Order of the Arrow after completing the Fall Ordeal. Hopefully he will also achieve a rank advancement after his Board of Review next week to Star. For Mariah, Girl Scouts just started back up with another campout coming up again followed by horseback riding next month!

In Sports there's volleyball and the older girls have soccer - last Saturday should have been week 1 but it was rained out (deja vu to last season).

On the work front - Mike is staying busy, I'm staying busy, and Indy is making herself invaluable by staying busy! The managers and servers love her and if she could just avoid working with certain immature people, she would be really happy. She even got to deliver rolls to a table and cleared their table while she was at it because she doesn't like to look at dirty dishes when she's done eating. She passed by a manager on her way to the kitchen with the dishes and he did a double-take. I think her climb to the top of the Hostess Totem Poll will be swift.

Today I had to sub in a Pre-K classroom. Not my favorite thing to do because I get stir crazy staying in the same room all day with 10 loud children all competing for my attention at the same time and they think they can outshout each other and be heard. Everyone learned a couple new phrases today: "Sometimes You Gotta Improvise" ('cause I didn't know how the other teacher did things and told them I was improvising because you know how they all start chirping when you aren't doing something exactly the way teacher does it!) and "Spic & Span". After lunch, the kids had to clear off their area on the table (Spic) and below (Span). They also liked my rhyme of "if it's large, you're in charge" of getting it picked up off the floor. And yes, the crusts of the sandwiches counted!

Hey, it occurs to me that maybe that's how Indy's OCD about those yucky dinner dishes on the tables at the restaurant came about!!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Hey the usual to you is intersting to me :)

Linda said...

Ray says congrats on the merit badges Gib. Keep up the good work.

Kay said...

Talk about OCD, some in my family have a very long list. I can't think of where they got that either. Poor Colton's wife will need to learn how to slice a block of cheese quickly.

Holly said...

OCD in our family?!?! Nah...LOL! Thanks for thinking of us...hope Riah's pictures turn out beautiful! =)

Will said...

All you OCD people make me laugh. I'm just OC, without the D.

Chrissie said...

In your dreams Will.

Anonymous said...

Okay this Scott Dude got me to Blog. Is he new? Did I miss something? Wasn't there a different guy? I do like what I see...

I always lurk here. Long time looker, first time commenter. Lynnette