Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Yays Have It!

Yay! Taryn feels better! She had a cold that kept her home from school Monday and Tuesday, but she is back. Hopefully, there won't be too much make-up work from school. She, Indy and I are going to Auburn next Monday for a college campus visit, so she has to get caught up so she can get behind again right away!

Yay! Mike feels better too! He started the cold and got it bad. His antibiotics did the trick for him whereas youth did the trick for T. :)

Yay! Gib passed his Board of Review last night and will get his Star rank at the next Court of Honor in a couple of weeks! Go Gibbie! Hey, by then, he might be 5' 3 and 1/2"!!

Yay! Mariah got to take out the earring studs they pierce the ears with and is now wearing fashionable, outfit-matching earrings! She almost passed out during the removal of the studs, but it's all good now! Double YAY!!

Yay! Indy had a fun weekend! She went out with Scott, went out with Chantel, went shopping and got some super cute stuff, and we are keeping our fingers crossed that she got a good score on the ACT. Still thinking about whether or not to sign up for the last chance test in October. It wouldn't hurt, but boy is she tired of taking it.

Yay! Ms. Chrissie went to Playground Safety Training! Booo!!! Ms. Chrissie does everything wrong!!! Apparently, all my natural inclinations at play are suspect, and it's a wonder none of my children were ever in the emergency room with broken limbs and missing body parts. Judging from my childhood memories of what we did, it's a miracle anyone from my generation made it through our elementary years! The teacher sitting next to me was chuckling when I realized that everything I do is against Safety Training. Example: Yesterday I was bored so I started doing a Simon Says on the slide and you know the whole going down feet first on your bum thing is b-o-r-i-n-g so I started mixing it up. Yeah, well, who knew, but they frown on head first upside down. I was there to catch 'em, but ok, what if I wasn't. So today I get to deprogram the poor little babies I led astray. I think I need to be excused from the playground.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Don't you wish that you could have skipped that meeting all together. Then you could have still played the fun Ms. Chrissie games!

Holly said...

Bummer about the meeting...I like 'FUN MS. CHRISSIE' and so do my kids! GOOD JOB GIB! :)
GLad everyone is feeling better.