Friday, September 19, 2008

Another 5 Miles & Whaddya Get?

Did my Mon/Fri 5 miler with Joanne today. We walked our neighborhood instead of the park track we usually do. We were a tad shy of the full 5 miles, but we have hills and it's a harder walk so we called it good. We're getting back into the groove, shaping up, and I hope to lose some weight. Joanne lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks, while I'll be lucky if I lost half that, so I think that's a Bit Much!! I will weigh in tomorrow and see if I've made any progress. We used to walk together before she adopted Aimee Mei, and now that Aimee is in preschool, coincidentally on my days off, we can hit the pavement together again. It's great!

Today is Gib's lucky day. He gets to come home in the car instead of on the bus. That's always nice on a Friday because the bus reverses its route and his ride is 15-20 minutes longer on Friday's. He's getting picked up as a bonus because I have to get Mariah anyway and their school's are side by side. Mariah needs to come home early to get ready for Girl Scout camp. If she came home on the bus, she'd have to get right back in the car to be at school to leave in 20 minutes for camp. That makes no sense. So I'm pulling her out early.

Tonight Joanne and I, our respective hubbies, and 2 other church couples will all go out to dinner. It's a big combo b-day, visit teaching, home teaching enterprise. There's talk of Joanne doing some of her presentation too, so I suggested she print out the slides of the wonderful PowerPoint demo Indy made for her and she could just breeze through it that way instead of doing the whole she-bang.

The weekend we've been waiting for is finally here. Indy, Taryn and I leave Sunday to go to Auburn for War Eagle Day, bright & early Monday morning. We are in major anticipation....will it be THE university?! We hope so! I looked into tickets to the Auburn vs LSU game, but it was too much moola for tickets and extra nights stay. Oh well. If Indy and/or Taryn ends up at Auburn, there'll be games then! We'll be home Monday night. Hopefully with lots to blog about and if somebody remembers a camera, some syrup too.

4 comments:

Will said...

Be strong! I laugh because the 1st day of school the number of mom-walkers quadrulples and then they all disappear . . .

Chrissie said...

Hey Joanne - find us the photo of you in the newspaper in the snow, at 10 degrees or something, bundled up and walking at the park that day the news showed up to find out what it takes to be so dedicated!!! I am not that dedicated but Joanne edifies me.

Holly said...

You go Chrissie! Have fun on you trip. I can't wait to see pics. :)

Linda said...

Go Chrissie go! I'm pulling for you to walk, walk, walk those pounds away. (WAIT- you were just here and I didn't see extra pounds) OK then walk, walk, walk and get healthier! I'll be watching for the pics of the Auburn trip-