Gib is growing by quarter inches a week....seriously. Last week, as he was walking to the bus I thought to myself that it was time to measure him again because he looked taller. Sure enough, he was up more than an inch, poised to overtake Indy by a 1/4". Today, he walks up to me, I take one look at him and go, "he grew again". Mike doesn't believe it. Still claims we cheated because I gave Gib a last minute instructional in proper poise, but Mike tried to cheat too by smashing the ruler down on the poor boy's head....in the end, Gib got that 1/4" and is now technically taller than Indy, even though her driver's license says she's 5'3", she is a tad under that, and Gib isn't!! Poise and Ruler Strategies aside, as his mother I claim final authority....I know exactly how high to put my arm to rest it on his shoulder and it's getting higher and higher. The next female in the family to overtake is me by the way! That will be one weird day. Nobody has done that yet.
Another "pay attention to little things" to mention is not for the faint of heart. Yesterday, Taryn and Gib went to help a friend with his Eagle project along with a few other young men from church. Taryn was the only girl and the project is some kind of EPA thing along the river. It involved getting muddy, dirty, stinky, oh yeah, and to find bugs in the river, identify them and count them. She was willing to find, count and identify, but not touch. I told her not to make too big of a production out of it or she'd end up with a bug down her shirt. Well, instead, she ended up with a poisonous water moc slithering across her foot. She said one of the guys laughingly told her, "Hey Taryn, there's a snake behind your foot!" she looks back, thankfully without moving, lets out a scream of dismay, thankfully without moving, and watches the moc slither across the top of her foot. She said it was creepy. Max, the Scout doing the Eagle project, walks up just then, sees it, and calmly states, "hey, that's a baby water moccasin". Taryn told me, "it was just a little one mom - just a baby". Note: I do believe they are just as venomous! Good thing we are not afraid of snakes! Taryn would have just picked it up and played with it if it hadn't been poisonous.
You gotta pay attention to the little things!!
4 comments:
5'3"?? haha no.. I definitely lied way more than that. My drivers license says I'm 5'4".. but really I'm only in the 5'2" range!!
lol!
Humm We were just looking at Con and he is almost past me. That is crazy to think that in a little big Gib will be taller then me. What a sad day (well for me that is).
Oh my gosh. I would have jumped so high if that snake was on me. Gross!!!
Con's on that growth spurt thing too! Although, he's still not as tall as I am... :)
Okay...I am SOOOO not a snake kind of girl. That would have freaked me out!
So you're saying that we need to pay attention to the little things (kids) before they grow up to be poisonous like a snake. I feel the same way. Sierra has been slithering all over my ankles and knees as of late. She went for my forearm yesterday, but gave me a razberry instead. I think she's trying to get me to lower my guard.
Post a Comment