Well, this little tidbit from our trip apparently is blog-worthy in its own right. I would prefer NOT, but the girls LOVED this and both demanded it be blogged. Guess the shoe is on the other foot, as well as other articles of clothing...but I jump ahead.
We had a nice drive down if you don't count the rural route mapquest sent us on. Note: We took the interstate all the way home and even though the distance was longer, it was a much, much better drive. Anyway, after checking in at our motel, we headed off in the direction of the university to test drive our directions so we'd know exactly how to get there and how long it would take from our motel. We spent a real long time finding someplace we didn't need to go which kinda explained why it was so hard to find. When we finally got there and there wasn't a big parking lot, I knew something was wrong. So I re-read some info and discovered I had directions to some museum but not to the intramural field...oops. But while we were having one of Mom's Auburn Blond Moments (luckily there wasn't many of them) we did find the church chapel! So it was a good mistake. We got to see alot of the university from the car while we went about finding the parking lot we needed to drive to the next morning. Then, we drove back towards our motel, memorizing the landmarks, turns and street names. We ate dinner at Panera's and then re-test drove the drive back to the university without the gps or our written directions and because there was a Cheeburger Cheeburger right down the street from Auburn and Indy said they had great shakes that we decided to take back to the motel. Hers didn't even last that long!
So, I've procrastinated this as long as possible....guys, we're heading into Girl Territory, just so you know. Nothing too bad, but thought I should warn you.
We're back at the motel, settling in for the night, and I'm in the bathroom changing into my jammies and I suddenly have this terrible feeling that I did not pack a bra. I wore my spandexy exercise top thingy because it doesn't have underwires and is more comfy in the car. It's aquamarine in color. It was OK under my t-shirt, but under olive green and it will show? Oh, that can't be good. So I kind of mention this out loud and the girls start laughing like loons. I told them to shut up and they laughed louder. So I tried on my shirt with the exercise top and then we all started laughing. It was really, really, really bad. So as I'm trying to decide what to do, frustrated that I didn't think of this sooner, because we are literally across a parking lot from a mall that is now closed, and Alabama is the Walmart Capitol of the world, Indy offers, in between giggles, her extra bra because she packed 3 outfits. Taryn just had to throw in there that there was NO WAY I could fit in hers! They really cracked up when I said "I'll take Indy's!" and went back to the bathroom to try it on. I come out and they can't stop laughing at how "perky" things are, and how with the "uplift" I've got chest-age spilling out in the middle. I think Indy alternated between finding it incredibly funny and being appalled that I could fit in her bra. The girls even made me call Mike and have him guess what I forgot to pack. They huddled around the phone, on speaker mode, so they wouldn't miss a word! Mike got in on the laughs too. I tell you, I was abused on this one. All day long, I could see the lips twitching when they looked at my chest. It was pretty funny, I have to admit! Thanks Indy for saving the day! Otherwise, I would have had to go to Walmart at 5 am, and that would not have made me too happy.
So, to finish the title of the post.... Memory Goes South and Other Things Go North!
6 comments:
Well Chrissie - looks like you were busted?!?!
LOL! Good one Mike! I have to say...that actually had me laughing out loud. :D
Mike, you win! I couldn't think of ANYTHING to top your comment.
I have forgotten a lot of things, but a bra never. I think I would have made my mom go to walmart. Sorry there is no way anyone is wearing my bra but me.
This made me giggle Chrissie. I did that once too. It was right after we got married and the worst part was that I didn't even notice until half way through the day :-O
HA! I just wanted to say that I'm glad your girls made sure this story got coverage! hahaha, I make myself laugh.
Post a Comment