Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A Kink in the Plans

I have a couple minutes for a quick spot of blogging. So I'll be brief for a change!

Preschool starts next week, so I've been in classes to get a jump on the 20 hrs of training I have to have by Aug '09. Today I go to CPR, and tomorrow we have a session on all the levels of autism. Yesterday was a big cleaning reorganization of the preschool supply closet. Another aide and I worked on it pretty much the whole day while teachers set up their classrooms. We are still finding things from 1968 in that closet even though I know it's been cleaned/reorg'd at least 3 times because I was involved all 3 times! Yesterday's gem was a green lid gripper from a church fundraiser a few decades ago that was shaped like a dollar bill, had $ signs on the corners, and in the middle was a church name and a quote that said "Do Your Giving While You're Living and You'll Be Knowing Where It's Going". That cracked me up.

As soon as the session breaks tomorrow I'm heading to the airport to get Mike's parents. I will miss out on the other half of the training and a lunch prepared by the church board. Just so you know, I really dislike eating food made by people I don't know, so "miss out" was sarcastic. I will happily hold off until I collect Mom & Dad and we'll eat together - hey, maybe at a restaurant where the food is made by people I don't know but somehow that's OK.

Well, I'm off to crimp Mariah's hair with the new curling iron like the one Suzanne showed me. It didn't turn out yesterday quite the same as hers, so I'm wondering if it's how you hold it or is Mariah's hair just thicker?! I seriously needed sisters in my life, I'm tellin' ya. Maybe I'll have time for a photo before we head off to the bus.

3 comments:

Holly said...

You need to come reorg Mom & Dad's cold storage room and pantry. ;)
Hope Riah's hair looks good! :)
Have fun with Mom and Dad!

Kristin said...

I am retarted at the 3 barel too. I just can't figure it out. Maybe Suzanne will teach me how one of these days she is not busy.

And I am with you. I am not a huge fan or potluck stuff.

Kay said...

I second the weird food from pot lucks.

I can't imagine anyones hair thicker then Zan's.

Have a fun weekend.