Monday, August 11, 2008

I'm Back!

Yay! I'm home! I had a very fun and enlightening experience at the Sunstone Symposium. I took some really great classes (maybe I'll blog about them later) and I got to see family, so what's not to love about that!?! Joanne's presentation went off without a hitch and she did great and you could tell there were alot of light bulb moments going off in the room.

The next day we attended another class on Mulatto's, their contributions to the early church and their challenges/struggles in 1830's and onward. We expected to hear some of the same connections Joanne made, but didn't. After the class, Joanne introduced herself and gave the presenters her info and a handout of cited works along with a brief rundown of Sephardic Jews, Melungeons, and the Mormon connection. It was fun for me to stand back, eavesdrop and watch the "really? Really?? REALLY?!!" moments unfolding. Joanne got to repeat that again at another class, but I wasn't with her then, but I'm assuming the reaction was the same. All in all, the symposium was a fun and rewarding experience and I put alot of spiritual oil in my lamp from it.

The job of clicker-person on the PowerPoint was a breeze...whew! What a load off. My teenagers gave me pathetic looks when I expressed worry that I might screw it up. They kept saying "you can't!" Well, whaddya know? They were right! It is so easy a cavewoman could do it. And since I'm Generation X that is pretty much what I am with alot of today's technology. Oh, and let me just say, that Indy's PowerPoint was the BEST out of all that I saw the entire 3 days! What can I say, my children are brilliant! (And, it was pretty smart of us Generation X ladies to get a Generation Y to do the PowerPoint in the first place.) Indy's was even better than the Gen Y guys' session about the difference between Gen X and Gen Y's use of technology!!

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Haha, go Indy! That is funny her presentation was beter then the tech guys. Nice!

Holly said...

I am so happy it went off with out a hitch! :)

Anonymous said...

Hats off to Chrissie for being an expert clicker.

Also Indy's PowerPoint was awesome. I cannot say enough nice things about it. Nobody, and I mean nobody, had such a magnificent power point as we had.

Chrissie is a fun person to go anywhere with, but especially Sunstone. We called it EFA until DH asked if EFA meant "Especially for Apostates" Ha Ha Ha. So we changed it to EFG (as in EF grownups).

Spiritual oil indeed. I really needed it. Thanks for going and taking good care of everything.
Love ya
JA