Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Princess Flower (Pot Plant)

Remember my post about the "Patio Pot Plant" from Home Depot? It was the mystery plant tagged with that name, and so I had to buy it last year because you know me and my sense of humor. Then we had to wait 6 months for it to bloom to find out what it really was. I enjoyed calling it my Pot Plant the whole while, and my mom kept trying to guess what it was so I'd quit calling it that! Finally, out came these beautiful purple flowers and mom gleefully pronounced it a Princess Plant, aka Tibouchina urvilleana * Whooo-Hoo!!! A Princess Pot Plant!!
Here it is in bloom again this year! In our neck of the woods, it blooms from September through frost. I loved it so much (and all the fun I had with it) that we garaged it over the winter and it came back twice as big; I sure have a green thumb when it comes to Pot Plants, huh?!

5 comments:

Ringo said...

Here's another pot story. Gib's troop last night had an demo/info session on K9 units, and they demonstrated the dog's ability to find the "Pot Plant".

Kay said...

LOL! Both great Pot stories!

Chrissie, I think you should name her Mary Jane, do you think your mom would know why?

Holly said...

That is one beautiful plant! Very cool pot plant-LOL!

Linda said...

I love the purple flowers. I'm envious of your green thumb. Mine is ... well... black! Those K-9 units are amazing.

Kristin said...

Yeah I struggle with plants. Mainly I just forget to woter them. Maybe one day I will remeber...

What a pretty plant. I vote you name her mary jane too. Hahaha