Saturday, October 4, 2008

Am I a Weird Mom?

I was SO happy when Taryn came home from today's soccer game and told me she was called for 2 penalties today! The best part was they played the same team as last week, the one we love to beat, and we won again 3-0 this time (and yes, I double checked that I heard the score correctly!). T played mid-center, and the first penalty happened when she kicked the ball and the runner tripped over it - oops! The second penalty was T's first body slam! Wow! Mike said it was the first time she ever took out another player. I'm so happy to hear T is playing aggressively and has lost that little bubble of space where the girls tend to stop before colliding! Boys play very differently, don't you think? So I go, "Am I the only mom who's happy to hear her child got called for penalties?" And Mike goes "YES!". C'mon, Dad, admit it, you liked it when she took out that other girl. Just a little bit?!

I think I would have made a better rugby parent. That's why I don't go to many soccer games, well that, and the tag team parenting style we have - I get two and Mike takes two. When I go to soccer, I am just a tad too bloodthirsty and competitive. You don't hear too many parents yelling "Take her out T! Hey! Don't let her push you around like that! Take her OUT!!!!". It kills me to keep all that bottled up. It's better for me to stay home and plan Mike's demise on Fantasy Football and get Mariah to Volleyball.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

I love it! Take her out again!!

Linda said...

I simply can't relate Chrissie. I was always so quietly supportive and demure. ;p Great playing T.

Kay said...

Okay..little story. When Harvey Dean was bishop, we had a girl in the ward, Julie. When it came time for basketball season she would always play, but she was sooo timid. Once during a Bishop's interview he told her her goal for the next game was to get a foul called on her. Six years playing and I don't think she ever did.

And another...once when Mickie was playing catcher, I yelled, "we've got good insurance, block the plate!" Now you have to remember how big Mickie is compared to some of those other FULLY developed 4th, 5th, and 6th graders.

Not weird at all!

Holly said...

LOL! Go T! Way to play tough!
As sad as this sounds...my T I will never have to worry about the agression, but C...it still shocks me when he gets called for a foul!