Will this be the theme of the week?
The two older girls returned from EFY (Especially For Youth) on Sunday. The same day Gib left for another week of Scouting. They didn't even get to see each other.
Gib is at a BSA National Youth Leadership training. This is something we signed up for, and had to get approval from his Scoutmaster, then accepted into; not a troop activity. Gib will hopefully learn some great leadership skills that will translate nicely into real life and help him be a Senior Patrol Leader within his Troop. I'm not sure what all they are doing during the week, but he had to bring his own tent and there's going to be some backpacking. His feet are growing and we found out a little too late that the boots he has (that were worn only a few times the past year) were a little tight, so I hope it isn't a problem for him. Hey, maybe he'll be taller when he gets back...that'd be two steps forward if he overtakes two sisters in height this summer, wouldn't it?!
Onward with the theme: I got the "all clear" from my doctor and went to the gym for the first time since last January when my left shoulder was fixed. I am so excited that my right shoulder is healing at a much faster rate and after a 2 hr workout, one of which was doing weights carefully with my arm, I don't appear to have messed anything up. I iced it when I got home. Tomorrow is physical therapy so we'll see what they have to say about that! Unfortunately, on the diet front, I had a little step back and will need to work a little harder this week to make up for the birthday week of fun food. I promised my mom to try her water Ai Chi class, so I'll be doing that, and I hope yoga this week too. If it's not too much. Gotta be careful when you reach the age of decripitness.
3 comments:
Just as I started this post dinner was served, so I had to hurry and forgot to say that the girls had a WONDERFUL time at EFY and with Grandpa Fred & Jan!!! :)
That's a busy week. Sounds fun. I'm impressed with the gym. I really need to start going again.
I am so happy to hear your arm has been cleared for working out! That was fast! :)
The boys just complained about their 'boots' (cleats) hurting when they played soccer. I just bought them each a pair in December! BOYS! Grow Gib GROW! :P
Post a Comment