So Indy has a friend from her first EFY 3 years ago who is spending his 18th birthday alone at BYU Idaho. History: This group of 3 guys have been friends since elementary school and they adopted Indy into their circle at EFY in Bowling Green, KY. They have all gone to EFY's together in Buena Vista, VA and Gainesville, GA before "her boys" started going off on missions and BYU Idaho. Indy just congratulated another on his mission call last night. But this blog is about Poor Trevor who is stranded at BYU Idaho on his birthday. He's not having the best of days: two girls who said they'd meet him at church didn't show, he's eating cold leftover pizza, watching Karate Kid, and doesn't even have a birthday cake! Luckily......HE HAS US!!!
We got to thinking late last night....when unfortunately all the best ideas happen. We called Kay who called HD & Brittany to see if they'd play a part in making Trevor's day. He said he would, so we hope they're able to swing by sometime today to surprise Trevor. We hear HD doesn't sing, so we sent a couple suggestions of stuff to do instead so Trevor would call Indy and yell at her "I can't believe you did that!!".
And then we got to thinking....Trevor needs the CRAZY FROG! It's kind of a silly tradition around here started by Gib a few years back. Everyone groans when they see it on their birthday. Then they try not to laugh so as not to encourage its usage any further. It never works. So, Indy and I staged our very first video on YouTube just for Trevor. And yes, the ending is planned...very carefully rehearsed and achieved on Take 2! I think we should have gone for Take 3 and let me get my arm out of it, but Indy liked it. Hopefully we will have good news later on how it all worked out. But until then, rest assured, the Crazy Frog made an impact on Trevor!
6 comments:
Yay to HD! So here's our best guess of how it went down: Trevor answers the door. Some guy is standing there with a plate of cookies, says "Are you Trevor?" walks right in and sets the plate of cookies down on the counter, Trevor is just staring at him wondering who he is and HD goes, "they wanted me to sing but that's not gonna happen" and walked out!! There was a note that said something like Happy Birthday From Indy.
HD facebooks Indy and says "There Ya Go Indy, I dropped the cookies off at your boyfriend's house". Then a couple minutes later Trevor facebooks her and says "there's no way you just got me cookies in Rexburg...can I just ask HOW?!"
He was amazed and I think we can safely say we totally surprised Trevor thanks to HD!
That's a Birthday he'll probably never forget!
Yep, I didn't think HD would sing, but it is just as funny walking right in setting them on the table and saying I'm not going to sing!
Good Job HD! Thanks!
Kudos to Mike for suggesting HD in the first place! :) Thanks guys!
I feel bad for anyone who doesn't make it to the end of te video. LOL!
GO H! Although, I would have wanted you to sing! :P
I am with Will...the last part of the frog video makes it the BEST!
Hey Trevor,
If you reading this Happy Belated B-day to you too!
Good one Indy and the rest of the Coombs family!
Post a Comment