Thursday, July 3, 2008

Not in a Pickle Anymore

Whew! What a long day! I had physical therapy, followed by lunch for Taryn at the Fried Pickle place. That was fun. And yummy! Seriously, if you like pickles, you'd love 'em fried! I tried really hard to not mac-out and having no idea how to figure the calories, just counted it as half the day's allotment! That should cover it.

Too bad Gib missed the pickles. He's on a Scout Trip. I think today they were at Six Flags. They been to the St. Louis Gateway Arch, Westward Expansion museum, ate at Blueberry Hill's Piano room - full of wall to wall video and pinball games and booths with built in board games. They've also gone to Lincoln's home, presidential museum, library and tomb, and toured the Old State Capitol. They will go to a baseball game and who knows what else, and be home on Saturday. I'm sure he's having fun. It's pretty dang quiet around here without him. I miss him. He always laughs at all my jokes. I really miss him.

Taryn, Mariah, Grammy and I hit Target for a big household goods shopping trip and for EFY stuff - toiletries, and the like with my 10% off the entire purchase coupon. Then the girls and I all went for pedicures together!!!! Once in a blue moon we all go together. I thought about bringing a book to read but then thought, naw, I want to talk with my girls, I've got two leaving tomorrow and I want to spend this afternoon with them not a book! So I had to laugh when I got the chair sitting directly across the three of them and they all had brought a book and had their noses buried in them!

Our evening was filled with Indy working with my good friend to finish her PowerPoint presentation, and then we took a walk (yay exercise and my shoulder didn't hurt as much as last time I walked!). Taryn was packing for EFY. Indy is putting it off as long as possible! And the late night hours were spent finalizing Indy's senior portrait order. We ended up with the package of 10 poses, 20 sheets of photos, plus I'm getting an 11x14 for the living room wall. Mike went to bed, so Indy and I did it all by ourselves and were quite happy and proud of the results and we had it narrowed it down to 7 poses. Indy had to give up one pose she liked and that was a little sad. But then Mike got up to do a quality control check and apparently we didn't order one he really liked. So I threw Indy's pose back in that she wanted when I added Mike's and one that we liked but had eliminated. Yay! Indy has all the photos she likes and the order is ready!

So now the older girls are all packed and ready for an early morning departure for Florida and EFY (Especially For Youth). They are looking forward to spending time with Grandpa Fred and Jan, and the gulf coast beach this time. I hope they really enjoy EFY. Indy doesn't have her posse this year. They'll sure miss those crazy guys. And, the last two years neither girl has had a roomie. It's hard without friends and roomies! So, thinking good thoughts for a GREAT EFY!

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Fried pickle?... Six flags?... Fried Pickle?... Six flags?...

Humm I wonder what I would choose.

Will said...

Fried Pickle! There's really not a choice.

Holly said...

EFY is always fun...no matter who is or isn't with you...crossing my fingers the girls feel the same way too! Glad your arm is feeling better!

Kay said...

Read the whole post, but the "took a walk" part is what I really wanted to see...Good Job!