Monday, December 12, 2011

Crunch Time

The local kids have tests, tests, and more tests all this week and Monday-Tuesday. Then they are out for winter break. The college girls are pretty much in the same boat - exams, preparing for exams, and last of the semester papers, projects and of course more tests.

I took stock of the gifts under the Christmas tree since in the frenzy, I wanted to make sure we had done a good job. One present was mislabeled. Today Grammy and I are going to do her shopping, I have one more present to take care of plus miscellaneous Christmas stuff, and we have a couple errands to take care of as well. She just got back from getting Ellie her pawdicure so it's time to leave and get an early start.

We had a church brunch here the first Saturday of December. The hit of the brunch were 3 deer in the backyard woods. Everyone kept checking to see if they were still there. It was funny to see ladies pointing to the woods and trying to describe which tree to look at admist all the trees back there. Mom decided to buy the deer corn since they were so patient with all the crazy people looking at them. So now we have deer feed from Tractor Supply. The salt lick I always wanted to put out comes next. We found the "co-op experience" at Tractor Supply a little different.

I was going to put up photos from Mariah's Madrigal night, but Mike must have deleted them from the camera. I can't find them in my picture folder either so I hope he will add them after the post. I have a photo of the 3 deer too but that is gone as well. Anyway, the performance was wonderful!! Mariah has a lovely singing voice. She has been working hard at it and it shows. I was very proud of my beautiful girl.

Best of luck to my dear ones as they finish their semester and hope you enjoy your crunch time deers!


2 comments:

Will said...

Okay, it's KILLING me! Those puns at the end were top-notch! I'm fawning over them.

Kay said...

Hahahaha! Will, I am so glad you pointed them out, because I just read right over them!

Such a busy crazy time of year for everyone! But I love it!!