Indie is here for part of her Spring Break. We are enjoying the livlieness she brings to the house. Gib is on high alert for the attack he has been warned will come when he least expects it. He announced at dinner last night that he runs the Eye of the Tiger song in his head so he'll be ready at all times.
While waiting for Gib to finish up some Venture Crew thing at Scouts we girls did some Bunco prize shopping at Target's Dollar Aisle and window shopping at The Factory. It was fun.
We also went shopping for jogging shoes for Indy and hiking boots for Gib. I lead the way in with Gib behind me and I knew Mariah, Indy and Grammy were back there but not in what order and Gib was totally blocking my view so when the guy asked how he could help us, I wanted him to help fit Indy with running shoes and I would take Gib over to find boots. It was too complicated to describe which person he needed to help, so as Gib and I passed him, I waved my hand over my shoulder, and said "one of those girls back there needs running shoes" So Indy identifies herself and they go off and begin an in depth conversation about where she runs, the kind of jogging she does, etc.
Gib and I, meanwhile are just a few feet away perusing some hiking boots. Mariah is close by and Grammy is observing the jogging shoe conversation. I went to pull a humungo box of boots from the bottom of the pile, and it was a little heavier than I expected and unwieldly. It kind of took out my thumb nail and fell to the ground with a very loud crash. Mariah uttered a "Nice Mom" comment before escaping. Indy thought I knocked over the entire pile. She stops her conversation mid-sentence, glances over out of the corner of her eye. Gib's still right next to me, devoted son that he is, and I'm going "Ow, that kind of hurt", and we're elbowing each other because he won't pick it up. Indy says, looking at me still out of the corner of her eye, "On behalf of those two, I would like to apologize to the entire store...."
My poor mother. Her daughter and her grandchildren, all in one fell swoop, misbehaving and making fun of each other in public. I have noticed however, a serious lack of motherly concern in that she didn't come over to make sure my thumb was OK or defend her daughter's honor or anything!!! C'mon mom! I have no intention of letting MY grandchildren treat my kids that way!!
The jogging shoe conversation continued while Gib and I returned to the serious business of getting a good hiking boot. In the end, Indy got a pair of Saucony's (my fave) and Gib got a pair of Keen hiking boots. He outgrew everything we had in the house and is up to a size 12 now. He gets to break in yet another pair of boots.
But, breaking in a parent? The kids are finding out it ain't as easy as it looks.
2 comments:
hahaha! Are you okay Chrissie? :) Love keens, they don't require much of a "break in"...
HAHAHA! Indie sounds like Connor! Ty and I would totally be laughing...
Post a Comment