It really is dismal outside. Sloshy and muddy. Wet cats. Rainy and cold. Weatherman says a thunderstorm or two this morning. Predicted rainfall last night was 1-3" and we'll fill the rain gauge today with a little more. But you know what I really dislike? The drowned worms. Ewwwww! I will make a valiant attempt to steer all preschoolers far away from any which were washed downhill towards our walkway on our treks to and from music today.
But despite the dismality of the day, there is always sunshine in my life:
Indie's visit was nice. We got to see her twice pretty close together! Sad to see her go, as always, but we love the chances for more frequent visits than the Freshmen Year Experience gave us. We are excited for some neat opportunities she has coming her way through a recommendation her academic advisor provided. Indie was chosen as the sole student to work with professors from all three campus' to organize and plan campus and community projects. She will work in this capacity until she graduates. Awesome, huh?! What a valuable opportunity to work with some brilliant mentors. She says the first meeting was a little overwhelming for a few minutes, but she dove right in once opinions were being sought. Who is surprised?
Taryn is thinking about staying for summer courses at her college, so I am going to have to soak up the love when she arrives in town in a couple weeks with some friends. I miss seeing her!!! She is thinking about applying to a summer science camp counselor job. She would be really good at that so I hope she can get in as that would pay for her rooming and she would earn a little money while taking a class or two. She found she really loved working with the kids at Adventure Science Center in their summer camp program. With her experience, and a great personal recommendation, I hope she nabs one of the few counselor jobs available. Even if it means I won't get to see her much this summer.
On his way out the door, Gib mentioned to Indy that she did not get him. I think is disappointed that all the Eye of the Tiger humming didn't pay off. I do believe he may have worked out his own strategy of fighting back without hurting a sister. That's kind of scary. Indy remarked to him that keeping him on his toes was good for him and maybe next time when his guard is dropped she will be dropping him. She is going to pick her moment. That is kind of scary. And that's why I just stand back and take pictures. Which people NEVER see!!!
Mariah has a chorus performance this week at the Talent Show. They have been in serious GLEE worthy practice forever. I'm worn out, so I'm sure she is too. I love that she enjoys singing in chorus though! They will have 3 talent show performances. I think that may be a little too much for all the performers but I guess it makes it easier to pack all the parents into the show of their choice. At any rate, it looks like it equals a day out of classes so I'm pretty sure none of the students will complain.
Mike is already knee-deep in Scout Troop waterworld planning for the summer. A changing of the guard is taking place this year which will include a change of lake and camp. Super Top Secret Stuff. All I know is that for my vote to embrace the change (as a quasi-member of the planning team), I got sweet accommodations at the new WaterWorld Leader's cabin! And hopefully, they will bring in porta-potties. That's all I ask. Choosing between the absolute worst outhouse of my many and varied outhouse experiences or a bucket with a lid is NOT a good memory for me. I will sell my vote for Change That Flushes anyday.
1 comment:
I am with you. My vote (even though I am not going) is for porta potties too! Maybe you can start an online potition and all of our votes can count as a half vote. I am sure you can get a ton of votes.
Post a Comment