Thursday, September 23, 2010

A Whole Lotta SAP

So here are some BEFORE and AFTER, and a few DURING photos of the TIM-berrrr!!! experience this week.

The Hula Hooping Elm Tree - it's the tall one leaning toward the house, always a nice sight in a wind storm

AFTER: Let's all peer inside the HOLE that went all way up the trunk of the entire tree, shall we?! I say GREAT CALL GIBBIE!!



BEFORE: The Weeping Cherry Tree. It was so beautiful. But as they say...
Location, Location, Location.


AFTER: Now we have Designers Challenge from what is left of it's trunk. Skeeter says it looks like a giant hand coming out of the I think it's pretty cool. Surely we will come up with something. I must admit, the giant white wall is more glaring than ever. Skeeter needs to get moving on our plans to fix this place up!
The next morning the mama deer and her fawns came to enjoy the buffet.
ehh, tree leaves....
those nice tasty ones from the top branches are nice but Grammy's flowers are better!



Chino goes to check out all the changes to his perimeter

and in typical Chino fashion... sits on them

Diego: "This is not cool"

My favorite stalking bush is gone. My favorite scratching tree is gone. What will I do?!

I am in kitty mourning. I will wear dirt and ashes.

Every day. Pretty much like before, but still... just so you know why.

The trimming of unsightly (to us) and invasive shrubs and undergrowth unveiled a nice surprise! A Pawpaw Tree!! Tree Guy was very excited. I asked if it was Paw-Paw as in Grandpa. He said yes and began to expound on why this was so great. Common elsewhere, but not so much in this area. It could yield edible fruit and stuff. I will have to watch and see.




So that's about it for now. The circle of life is complete here. We had to take away a few trees, but the remaining ones have more room to grow, our house is safe, and we found new trees to appreciate. Sometimes you can't see the trees for the forest.

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

Gib says to tell you the BEFORE, AFTER and DURING in caps has nothing to do with anything hint-wise. And he would know...wink-wink.

Will said...

This Pawpaw tree is interesting. What kind of fruit does it yield? Is it random? I would enjoy that.

Taryn said...

how would gib know? Did you tell him?