Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Coats

So, the weather dropped down about 20 degrees - to 77 yesterday, and all day long I heard about the wonderful "brisk" weather! I thought it was ironic that 70-anything could be considered cool by others (me, yes - others no). But, it's making people want to buy jackets which was good for the huge Saturday sale at CWC. Funny thing is, it really did feel a bit brisk out there - we've been steam baking this summer that's for sure. Bring on Fall! The trees are already trying to turn. At least I think it's fall colors. Could be brown. Let's hope not.

On Saturday, Gib and Mariah participated in the largest volunteer turn out ever for Hands On Nashville. I think HON concentrated on fixing damaged school buildings from the flood. They went with Good Shepherds youth group and men's group to an elementary school up by the airport. There, joined with many other volunteers, they painted all the hallways - and themselves - with lots of coats of paint. Gib says there may be a photo of one of the men chasing him with a paint brush. Hmmm, wonder why?!

1 comment:

Kay said...

Paint Brush, huh? Gib, run, but run fast!!!

All the Stakes in the area cleaned up all the cemeteries last Saturday,one of our friends was in the paper too! Service, what a great thing to do!