Thursday, September 30, 2010

Secret Star

Today is the day I've been waiting patiently for since the first day of school! I am the classroom STAR!!! Everyone thought a sweet little munchkin was the last star of the day yesterday, but I am playing a little trick on the entire class and the teachers too! I'm going to wear a crown and everything. I can't wait. Of course today is the day we get assessed for our 3 star rating. Oh well, I hope the assessor has a sense of humor!

At Open House, all the kids were given giant paper dolls and a date when it was their turn to be the classroom star. They return with their doll all decorated to look like them on one side with pictures or stuff on the other side to tell about them on the reverse side. The class learns to ask questions (we hope, vs simply making observations) and about differences/similarities.

So I smuggled one doll, traced it and took it home. I procrastinated making it until the midnight hour, literally...the glue is still drying! My favorite part is the walkie-talkie image I cut out and put on my doll's hip. Although I have to say it was pretty funny at Michael's with Mariah trying to find some yarn that matched my gray hair. We ended up with some that has silver sparkles in it - how perfect is that?! On the reverse side I put a ton of photos of my family doing our favorite things.

And I wrote a poem and my paragraph explains the photos about our favorite activities in case I'm not in the room when it is read to the class. I might not be if that class isn't chosen for the assessment.

I AM THE SECRET CLASSROOM STAR
CAN YOU GUESS WHO I AM?
LOOK AT THE COLOR OF MY HAIR AND SOMETHING THAT I WEAR
ON MY SHIRT YOU SEE THE FIRST OF LETTER OF MY NAME
AND JELLO JIGGLERS IS MY FAVORITE GAME

I know you all want to see it - I will try to remember to snap a photo of it on the wall at preschool! Such delicious syrup! (Chrissie giggling in anticipation...kinda like a 5 yr old!!)

3 comments:

Kay said...

Sparkly silver hair? Yep, gotta post a pic of that!!!

Holly said...

OH I love it! I totally want to see a pic too! F-U-N!

Kristin said...

What a great job!