There's been alot of poetry going on around here. I bought a couple books from CWC outlet because they sounded really interesting to send to my college girls. It's called House of Belonging. I thought I'd better read one first just to make sure they weren't complete duds. I'm working my way slowly and pondering the poems one or two at a time. I'm not giving it a review just yet. Some I've liked, some I didn't really get, and some I've just gone "oy". I've never read a book of poems before, so I'm probably not the best to review a book anyway.
Then we have Mariah's language arts class. They are studying poetry right now so she often has to write a poem for homework. The other night she wanted some assistance. Mike ever so happily passes the kids right to me for this and I honestly don't mind, but I was kind of playing with him so I tried to lobby one back at him. He sends Mariah my way and I go, "but Mariah, your dad is so good at poetry! Haven't you heard about all the love poems he used to write me?" How this went over her head, I'll never know. But another day, another poem later, she is working on another poem and decides to write two and asks me which one is better for the assigned project. I tell her which one I think has a better flow and use of descriptive words and evokes images for me and she says something like, get this (I'm sorry Mariah, this is too priceless) "do you think I get it from dad, like when he wrote love poems to you?". Oh, baby girl. I love that last little bit of innocence in the family!!!
In Mike's defense he has has his own style of steady commitment and he is a rock and I love him! But "what's shakin' bacon" is I think the best I've heard of his poetry skills, which is why I found this so funny!
3 comments:
I am impressed. I can't sit through a book of poetry.
And I would like to see Mike write some poetry. I think it might turn out something like the cat in the hat.
LOL! Chrissie, you crack me up! I am a 'ryhmer' myself...but that's as far as it goes. :)
hahahah awww poor girl... she needs to figure out how sarcasm works.
Post a Comment